Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Newport boaters out there...

Havasu Hangin'
    ...the OC Sherriffs have db meters, and they're not afraid to use them. The HH Tugboat got rolled yesterday...and it wasn't pretty.

Tom Brown
    It's not so funny when someone else is leaning on the delete key..... now, is it?

Jbb
    It's not so funny when someone else is leaning on the delete key..... now, is it?

Wet Dream
    Well don't stop there acting like a little cock tease. Whats the back story to all of this and the outcome? Did you have baffles, mufflers, open? Enquiring minds want to know.

Tom Brown
    Yeah, how about some details.
    I'm no cartographer but isn't Newport on the ocean? Who gives a shit about sound levels on the ocean?

hot_diggity_dog
    ...the OC Sherriffs have db meters, and they're not afraid to use them. The HH Tugboat got rolled yesterday...and it wasn't pretty.

Ya I heard one of the guy's at the Havasu Marina is now a sherriff in the bay!:sqeyes:
    HDD

superdave013
    Yeah, how about some details.
    I'm no cartographer but isn't Newport on the ocean? Who gives a shit about sound levels on the ocean?
    It leads to the ocean. Lots and lots of mega buck houses right there.
    You know, the 10 million dollar houses with the Grand Banks tied to the dock out front. I guess they don't wanna hear twin big blower engines.
    Sorry to hear you got rolled Jeff.

Havasu Hangin'
    Yep...not the Harbor Patrol- the OC Sheriff. He pulled me over because I was "exceeding 5MPH in the harbor" (I was doing 5.3MPH on my GPS...and getting passed by jet skis...lol).
    Also, he said I was too loud as I went by. I do have mufflers, but he didn't care. Apparently, his training on the SAE J2005 testing procedures was to:
    1. open the db meter plastic case.
    2. read what someone had written with a Sharpie on the inside about 93 or newer vessel limits.
    He then held the meter at arms distance at water level off the back of my transom. One of the HH Tugboat's motors blew a 101db at arm's distance.
    Apparently, OC Sherriff's have been to the LHC Marina training courses.

SummitKarl
    Yep...not the Harbor Patrol- the OC Sheriff. He pulled me over because I was "exceeding 5MPH in the harbor" (I was doing 5.3MPH on my GPS...and getting passed by jet skis...lol).
    Also, he said I was too loud as I went by. I do have mufflers, but he didn'tr care. Apparently, his training on the SAE J2005 testing procedures was to:
    1. open the db meter plastic case.
    2. read what someone had written with a Sharpie on the inside about 93 or newer vessel limits.
    He then held the meter at arms distance at water level off the back of my transom. One of the HH Tugboat's motors blew a 101db at arm's distance.
    I saw the Gibson down turn pipes for the first time this weekend (the boat was dead silent) can't imagine they would cause any power loss at all:idea:

Tom Brown
    Did they at least have mirrored shades?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast