Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Rage or Stupidity

fatboy95
    I'm reading a lot of posts and am hearing a lot of anger from boaters about what is happening on the lakes. Kids are getting killed because someone else is irresponsible or just plain stupid. Boating used to be fun and brought many families and friends together for some great times. Now it seems to be a war on the waterways mainly because of alcohol and egos. You wonder why there are getting to be more and more a--hole boat cops out there? Shouldn't be hard to figure that one. Very soon there will be more restrictions on the waterways as the population continues to grow. It's up to the boating public now to make it a safe and fun sport for current boaters and future generations. Take some time and think about what you are doing in the moment and what might occur due to your actions. Who knows, you may save someones life.

I'm reading a lot of posts and am hearing a lot of anger from boaters about what is happening on the lakes. Kids are getting killed because someone else is irresponsible or just plain stupid. Boating used to be fun and brought many families and friends together for some great times. Now it seems to be a war on the waterways mainly because of alcohol and egos. You wonder why there are getting to be more and more a--hole boat cops out there? Shouldn't be hard to figure that one. Very soon there will be more restrictions on the waterways as the population continues to grow. It's up to the boating public now to make it a safe and fun sport for current boaters and future generations. Take some time and think about what you are doing in the moment and what might occur due to your actions. Who knows, you may save someones life.
    You can take that one to the bank. There's already talk of speed limits and other restrictions because of a few inconsiderate dumbasses.

Goad
    Amen

ol guy
    Held back many times from the words, but now you have opened up th door and I will chime in and say RIGHT F!!!ing ON. As have posted before you can sell anyone a PWC or boat but you cannot sell them brains. Only been boating for over 30 years. When I was brought up in the seat of a 14ft Regatta outboard on the parker strip before off-shore and deck boats where even thought of the first rule was never assume the other boat see's you and you will always be safe. 30 something years later and ALOT OF BOAT TIME by the grace of god and good training by the old man I have never had a incident on the river or Lake Havasu, Think I'll go knock on wood for an hour, and thank my parents for bringing me up in the area i've loved for so many years.

HighRoller
    If they made the entire waterway at Havasu a maximum of 24ft and 45mph I'd buy a boat tomorrow and be there next week. Those who complain truly do not understand what the whole "river" thing is all about. It's about leisure, friends, a good time and relaxing. Take your silly offshore race rigs to Catalina. We don't care how much you spent on your 6 drives and cameras so you can show us how fast you were going when you passed that Bayliner.
    If you think your rig is badass and you want to prove it, paste some numbers on it and go line up next to Tomlinson and his buddies at a real race. They call it "racing" for a reason. The river is not a race track and Lord knows why you want to treat it as such. Then again, most of you are from SoCal where the freeways are a raceway...Small dicks=big boats and something to prove...

ol guy
    Not all boat cops are aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaholes some can be after a long day of dealing with ego-maniac dorks. But for the most part they are just out to keep some sort of sanity and bail you out on the occasion you may need it. And no I'm not.

Kilrtoy
    If they made the entire waterway at Havasu a maximum of 24ft and 45mph I'd buy a boat tomorrow and be there next week. Those who complain truly do not understand what the whole "river" thing is all about. It's about leisure, friends, a good time and relaxing. Take your silly offshore race rigs to Catalina. We don't care how much you spent on your 6 drives and cameras so you can show us how fast you were going when you passed that Bayliner.
    If you think your rig is badass and you want to prove it, paste some numbers on it and go line up next to Tomlinson and his buddies at a real race. They call it "racing" for a reason. The river is not a race track and Lord knows why you want to treat it as such. Then again, most of you are from SoCal where the freeways are a raceway...Small dicks=big boats and something to prove...
    So does this mean you don't want a ride anymore

Jyruiz
    If they made the entire waterway at Havasu a maximum of 24ft and 45mph I'd buy a boat tomorrow and be there next week.
    I say make it a maximum of 26'.

vee-driven
    Relaxing, friends and fast boats, the river used to be the place to let it all hang out, and have a good time it dosen't seem like that anymore. when i was a little kid we couldnt wait to go to the river in the summer with the v drives and my dads friends with their v drives, tents and vans, sleeping in the truck, listening to the old guys talkin about how it was before i was born seeing the pics. from back then when uncle gary used to tow the flatty to the river behind a stingray corvette those must have been the days, quitting your job because the boss wouldnt give you the time off and getting rehired when you got back, all stories from the parents and their friends. i have seen it change drastically from when i was a kid and i am only 29 years old.

OverKill
    Relaxing, friends and fast boats, the river used to be the place to let it all hang out, and have a good time it dosen't seem like that anymore. when i was a little kid we couldnt wait to go to the river in the summer with the v drives and my dads friends with their v drives, tents and vans, sleeping in the truck, listening to the old guys talkin about how it was before i was born seeing the pics. from back then when uncle gary used to tow the flatty to the river behind a stingray corvette those must have been the days, quitting your job because the boss wouldnt give you the time off and getting rehired when you got back, all stories from the parents and their friends. i have seen it change drastically from when i was a kid and i am only 29 years old.
    31 here, and I know what you mean. Going tubing with an old big rig truck tub. Water skies out of wood. My dads jet was fun at a top speed at 55, pitching a tent, all the family got along, and everyone had something good to say. Not all this attitude and negativity.
    OverKill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast