Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: straight snoot or straight????????

atxwrangler
    i have a droop on my cheyenne,it has a divider in it.would i see any gains going to a straight snoot with no divider?anybody got an extra laying around?

IMPATIENT 1
    i have a droop on my cheyenne,it has a divider in it.would i see any gains going to a straight snoot with no divider?anybody got an extra laying around?
    cut the divider out marty i think the divider in my droop is spliting my roostertail i'm cutting it out this week

502 JET
    I did a search on the divider a few weeks ago and from what I read everyone said to cut it out.
    What I couldn't find was, would you gain anything from removing the divider?

hotbo
    I did a search on the divider a few weeks ago and from what I read everyone said to cut it out.
    What I couldn't find was, would you gain anything from removing the divider?
    no gain for the amount of work.i know of 3 peeps cutting them out and smoothing the interior walls gained not a damn thing other than alot of work.:jawdrop: so thats my opinoin.good luck.

atxwrangler
    THANX ALL! I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE STRAIGHT SNOOT,LIKE THE ONE HTP HAS AVAILABLE.ANY OPINIONS ON THAT.i don't feel like grinding!

wet77
    Well I have a snoot on my 21 daytona and it works great for my application and that being said every boat is different.
    I would call up Duane at HTP and see what his past testing with your style of boat was. Did it help? Did it hurt? Just call or he might chime in on the boards
    On my boat before the blower I added just the snoot and 7 degrees of wedge up and gained a gps 9mph:devil:
    So it helped me allot, also made the boat handle better, easier to steer and more control over the boat.
    Good luck

atxwrangler
    Well I have a snoot on my 21 daytona and it works great for my application and that being said every boat is different.
    I would call up Duane at HTP and see what his past testing with your style of boat was. Did it help? Did it hurt? Just call or he might chime in on the boards
    On my boat before the blower I added just the snoot and 7 degrees of wedge up and gained a gps 9mph:devil:
    So it helped me allot, also made the boat handle better, easier to steer and more control over the boat.
    Good lucksounds good,i wanted a few opinions,before i called.did you have a droop before?

wet77
    no it was just a place diverter off a berk jg and ride plate.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    no gain for the amount of work.i know of 3 peeps cutting them out and smoothing the interior walls gained not a damn thing other than alot of work.:jawdrop: so thats my opinoin.good luck.
    You get a straight rooster back. I hate when the tail is divided.....

jbone
    I know every boat is different, but when I cut the divider out, I saw no improvement. My roost still has a slight v shape to it looking from inside the boat.
    I could not notice any performance gains at all.
    As far as the snoot, I'll post results for my application in about 2 weeks. I took off the AT droop to give it a shot. What the hell, its only money.
    Duane suggested the 4 deg up pin angle for my heavy sled (3400) plus all the crap.
    He also said to try it first with a 4 deg up wedge also.
    We'll see.
    Oh, and if it works, I'll be selling the AT droop with the divider removed.
    J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast