Thread: Lightning Thru-Transom Headers and flaps

Rocknpalms
    Do I need to install flaps to the exhaust tips that are below the water line when running Thru Transom Headers.
    If so, I do not like the look of the black rubber ones. Is there a nicer looking set up?

You can get internal flappers in most any tips these days, Rex for example has a lifetime warranty on the flappers.
    Sleek

SmokinLowriderSS
    I got a set from Eddie Marine via DuaneHTP to go with my Lightnings. The flappers help prevent an accidental wave-wash against the transom from washing all the way up the headers (or over the snails) and into an open cylinder (very bad).
    My old outlets were aprox 2 1/2" ID outlets, my headers are 4" OD collectors, so needed new 4" outlets to match.
    Mine are the shorty, slash cut, Stainless Steel, straight flange (not 12 deg angle), polished, with flappers, I think the part ## was 100-8.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Mine look very much like Baja's, except only 3 mounting holes and different designb flappers.

flat broke
    Those rubber butterfly flappers will burn out over time. Do yourself a favor and buy a good stainless tip with a built in stainless flapper. The units from Rex Marine below are well made and Rex stands behind their products should you ever have an issue with a flapper. (which I don't see happening with the new design)
    http://www.rexmar.com/images/page230.jpg
    Hope that helps,
    Chris