Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were to go camp far west

TRYPOD
    HI! I'm Sandur aka (TRYPOD) from Reno. I've been reading the forum for what seems like years now and it seems to me the place to go show off your hot boat in california is Camp Far West. I sure would like to come down and meet some of the folks that frequent the lake because they sound like a bunch of very nice people with hot V-Drive boats. I'm from Reno I own a Mr. ED Shovel Nose Hydro circa 1976. I would like to come down next weekend or in the near future and see all the awsome boats I've seen online. Can anybody tell me were the crowd gathers normally. I would like to camp were the people go to sleep at night and get up early to run there boats if there is such a place? If not at least were most of the hot boats gather. Any information is greatly appreciated!!!! Thank's TRYPOD

NIGHTHAWK HEMI
    YOU SOULD COME OVER THIS WEEKEND TO HAVE SOME FUN YOU NEED TO GO TO THE SOUTH RAMP THAT IS THE PLACE THAT IT WILL ALL HAPPEN AT. SEE YOU THERE !

Sanitariumflat
    Yes, by all means come this weekend and see the "Red Hydro with sumthin' real pissed off in the trunk". (Rhino loves it when I use his line!) South shore camp ground. Normally everyone hangs out in the cove, but right now that's a better place to go four wheelin' so look for everyone @ the ramp. Camping, bbq, beer, insanity, etc.

infotraker
    For the best show and to meet more people we have a great outing New Years eve and NYD. The lake is usually full and the boats are on the water if the weather is ok. The 4 days around fathers day weekend in June has the best gathering. All the action and camping is at the south ramp and the cove during the Fathers Day event.

Billdoe
    have you seen how low the lakes getting? i was out there this last weekend and 1/4 mile cove is ummm almost dried up its definately getting low . i didnt see anyone in the cove and the north gate side had a few boats . only seen:i a cpl v-drive trailers but no boats .. anyway just giving you guys a heads up about the cove .. the rest the lake didnt look too bad tho just alot smaller from being Low
    Bill

"The Bandit"
    ain,t good on this dumb thing!!! i live 2 miles from the lake &would like to see you come play. new years &fathers day are big. but U nevere can tell. this week end 20+boats & most wer ass kickers. hydros, flats,& belive it or not real cool jet boat people!!! I,LL probley get some sh#t over that. LOL

TRYPOD
    After I started this thread I took a little car buying trip to Sacramento and decided to deviate over to CFW. I can definetly see the charm in the place! But when it's that low how do you go? I'm afraid I would run out of room!But if I have it my way!!!! I'll see you guy's on new years eve or fathers day, maybe both! Thank's for the hospitality and advice. TRYPOD

SANGER-RICH
    After I started this thread I took a little car buying trip to Sacramento and decided to deviate over to CFW. I can definetly see the charm in the place! But when it's that low how do you go? I'm afraid I would run out of room!But if I have it my way!!!! I'll see you guy's on new years eve or fathers day, maybe both! Thank's for the hospitality and advice. TRYPOD
    Hi TRYPOD now that you have been buying a new car you can make it to the lake Berryessa with your MR. ED Hydro! We will welcome you with open arms, you will be able to sleep with the boats and go fast in the morning

Trypod,
    We will be running at Lahonton on the 15 & 16. probably also the weekend before.
    CFW is getting pretty dry for the year.

Billdoe
    was just at CFW today Sunday breaking in the new motor ... Yes its Low and gonna get worse but its still boatable at this point .. nice thing about it being low not as many people out there and around Dusk we had the Lake to our self and made some good passes in the main part of the lake ... the Cove is No More at this point . i will most likely be out there for Labor day w/e but after that will be river or berryessa bound ..
    NYD is a Huge gathering of boats .. this year was my first time out there on NYD and man theres tons of people there and Lots of Boats .. on NYD i got my first ride in a v-drive a Blown Alkie 540 BBC Brendella Tunnel between 120-130 mph .. there was a Big write up here back then about the boat they took a motor out of a 68 camaro around 1400HP and put in the Brendella .. anyway lots of cool people and Tons of Awesome built boats show up for the events ..
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast