Thread: Trim pump

Skaterfast
    I've got a 97 225 promax with a sad trim pump.It goes very slow for the last year.One weekend it fixed itself then went back to slow movement.Any easy solutions or do I really have to buy a new one for $900?

pgf127rt
    Skaterfast, I had the same problem on my 225, mine is the external and the person who usually rebuilds them couldn't fix that one, so my mechanic got me anew on and it did not cost $900.00, more like half of that, if you will e-mail me I will give you the info to get in touch with my source.

RL
    Skaterfast,
    i think i have a good used one.
    email at lanham014@aol.com or call at 502 241 5080.

HavasuDreamin'
    You sure it is the trim pump and not the trim motor?

usedhiperfprops
    I can get you a brand new Mercury one for $350. It is the new complete assembly.
    barryb@ndak.net

Skaterfast
    Just to clarify,my motor is a 1997 Promax and the trim pump and motor is located in front of the mid section.It's not the old style that is seperate from the motor that goes inside the boat.So I don't think they are $350,but I could be wrong?

HavasuDreamin'
    Correct, your pump and motor are located inside the bracket assembly in front of your mid-section. My 2.4 is similar. I am going to have my trim motor rebuilt. Went rounds with Mercury, and they don't sell the trim motor separate, have to buy the whole schbang, including trim pump, etc. $1000 for parts I don't need. All I need is a new motor, or rebuild on my current trim motor. My problem is similar, real slow up and down. It started occuring after my up button stuck while on the beach and would not shut off. Everyone says I fried the trim motor? I need to pull it out, which might be a challenge looking at where the bolts are placed. I don't want to pull my motor off the boat (which would enable me to get at it from the front side). Not looking forward to this project!

Skaterfast
    Originally posted by usedhiperfprops:
    I can get you a brand new Mercury one for $350. It is the new complete assembly.
    barryb@ndak.net
    If this is a new 1997 225 Promax trim pump and motor for $350 I'll take it.Got pics?
    RL you still got that used one?