Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeg and Prop repair in Simi/Ventura... freakin rocks

HitIt
    Was at Shasta last week and went into an area that looked too shallow to me but I was with a friend who had "gone there a thousand times" and said it was fine. Well, I hit the bottom pretty hard. I am pretty pissed off for not listening to myself. Luckily, the damage was limited to the lower of my outdrive (Bravo) and the prop. Pretty much just the skeg and I think it is all fillable. The prop edges need a little TLC but it looks fine although I want a professional to look at it. I will post pics later.
    Anyway, time to get it fixed. It is runnable so I may wait until the end of the season. Any recommendations for places to get it fixed? I am thinking about having about +1" of pitch change to the prop while I am at it.

Biglue
    Whadja do? Hitit?? :idea:

Old school Ultra
    Call Bryan @ Valley Prop in Ventura 805-644-5055, Haven't needed him in a few years, always great service and very knowledgeable!

RitcheyRch
    Didnt think we had any prop service here in the Los Angeles/Ventura area. Alyways thought we had to go to Orange County.
    Good info to have, thanks.
    Call Bryan @ Valley Prop in Ventura 805-644-5055, Haven't needed him in a few years, always great service and very knowledgeable!

HitIt
    Whadja do? Hitit??
    LOL, maybe I should change my name. Is changing an message board name bad luck like changing a boat name? :idea:

Nord
    They have those hard plastic skag protectors that sometimes will slip right over the damage and act as a new one.............

HitIt
    Will do. You know if he does skeg welding as well?

Biglue
    LOL, maybe I should change my name. Is changing an message board name bad luck like changing a boat name? :idea:
    LOL, sorry bro, I had to.
    May want to contact Teague. At the very least they can point you in the right direction out there.

HitIt
    They have those hard plastic skag protectors that sometimes will slip right over the damage and act as a new one.............
    I was looking at the Skeggards but it looks like it would add a little drag. Anyone have opinions about these things?
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1186530972

HitIt
    May want to contact Teague. At the very least they can point you in the right direction out there.
    That is actually where I purchased the prop... A FEW WEEKS AGO. Brand new Bravo 1 prop. Wonder if they would take it back Wrong pitch... :devil:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast