Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a few Pump setback pics...

HammerDown
    *I moved my pump back some 6"...however I didn't blow through the back all the way. Maybe 3/4 left under the hull.
    *Also the aluminum plate need to bridge the now longer hole in the hull.
    *The piece of hull (cut out and used) from the now longer hole...used as a filler.

flat broke
    Hammer,
    Thanks for posting those up. Do you have before cutting and after cutting shots of the hole in the hull? You gotta do a little story on this one for us Pics, writeup etc.
    Thanks,
    Chris

HammerDown
    Filler piece from cut out...cleaned of all gel coat and used with much epoxy.
    ***Remember (ALL) measurements MUST be taken from the underside of the Hull...this is where everything is true and counts!
    The final result...was it worth it...you bet!

HammerDown
    Hammer,
    Thanks for posting those up. Do you have before cutting and after cutting shots of the hole in the hull? You gotta do a little story on this one for us Pics, writeup etc.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Sorry Chris...no pic's of the hull prior to cutting...but all's I did was figure where the hand hole (pins) would need to be (just outside the transom) and make the hole some 6" longer. I used a Jig Saw and then a grinder to dial the new cut in. The piece I cut out was grinded down to a clean fiberglass chunk to be later used as a filler/helper piece on the underside as seen on a earler pic.
    Again...the biggest thing to remember is when doing a setback and re-installing the intake...(FIRST) take ALL the required measurememts from under the hull. Jack does a little machining to the rear lower portion of the Intake so it can be moved back a little bit extra. Obviously this is done for setback's that (don't) bust through the Hull. And that was recomended to me by Jack when I did this job. I hit some pretty rough water out here in Pa on the Delaware River (tugg Boat wakes) and some 50+ foot Sea Ray's!
    No cracks...and no leaks. This is the way to do a set back for a river racer.
    I did give some one here on this Forum detailed step by step instructions how I did my setback...I'll need to find out who it was. Way toooo much for me to re-type again :220v:

blown428fe
    Hammer- How did you make out with the puddy job? Was the stuff runny?

HammerDown
    Hammer- How did you make out with the puddy job? Was the stuff runny?
    "runny" no...however it wanted to let's say...sag a little. Especially working under the hull. I found it better to work it in layers vs trying to make a big blob stay where I wanted it to. I had some heat lamps helping it to cure as I was in a somewhat cool garage.
    The fun part...and I mean it was kinda neet... was contouring the hump Daytonas have in their keel. Just like working body filler (but this stuff is like Iron)..little at a time. It came out perfect...ya never know it wasen't factory.
    Sea Going Poxy Putty...the HD stuff. Great S**T

Why does'nt the pictures show up in this thread?
    Does anyone else see the pic's or is something wrong on My end?...Hal

jbone
    I only see a really white boat in a snow storm.
    Wait, no that's just a plain white page. No pics.
    J

502 JET
    Why doesn't the pictures show up in this thread?
    Does anyone else see the pic's or is something wrong on My end?...Hal
    The pics were probably deleted where they were hosted.
    Try sending H.D. a pm for the pics or maybe he will see this and fix it so the pics show up if he still has them.

Yea thats a white out snow storm!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast