Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first dyno.

Danhercules
    As you know, I was at Westech today. ( Steve, thanks a ton. You are the man!) The motor is broke in and tuned up.
    I talked to High Flow Dynamics (Lakes Only) last year about a pump gas motor for my boat. I asked him if he could build a 700 HP pump gas motor that was not a maintenance nightmare. He said he could do it.
    Well, HE DID, and boy did he. I have my pump gas 700HP motor.
    I could not belive the pulls. The motor sounds like its screaming. I was screaming too, but I was screaming for Mommy! LOL
    I will get some Video of it up after dinner. I just poured a stiff cocktail and gonna wind down.
    Thanks agian Paul.

Crossbow_CA
    Awesome, can't wait to see the video of another awesome Ford

dmontzsta
    Congrats dude...good to see another stout Ford out in the world. You notice more and more people going with the BBF. Also, you have my props, you could have taken the easy way out and built a BBC, but you chose to gut it and start fresh...nice job.

pw_Tony
    Sweet hell yeah! Let's hear some engine specs, and what RPM and torque numbers!

revndave
    Congrats.Dyno days are fun.

moneysucker
    Congrats dan. Now get it in and get your ass to the river.
    Cy

Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now bring it up north and introduce it to us

Johnwithjm
    Cool nice job.

LakesOnly
    I talked to High Flow Dynamics (Lakes Only) last year about a pump gas motor for my boat. I asked him if he could build a 700 HP pump gas motor that was not a maintenance nightmare. He said he could do it.
    Well, HE DID, and boy did he. I have my pump gas 700HP motor.
    I could not believe the pulls. The motor sounds like its screaming.
    Thanks again Paul.Hey Herc, glad you're pleased with the build
    A great deal of planning and mockup went into your engine (much more than our usual combinations) and it paid off. "700HP / Pump gas / Low Maintenance" is a bit of a tall order, one of which many would reply, "you want the best of both worlds--impossible!" It's not 100% impossible, but a carefully planned combination is paramount. In fact I knew the build would be challenging, but I wouldn't have taken the order had I felt we couldn't deliver satisfactorily.
    There will be preventive maintenance, of course, but I think it has been minmized..especially considering the combination.
    Funny that you say "the motor sounds like it's screaming," I've always thought that a strong running Ford has this characteristic sound...as though it's angry. :devil:
    Didn't come up short on the intended HP numbers and also didn't wildy overshoot them either--and in my mind overshooting is not as impressive as hitting target.
    Enjoy,
    LO

Danhercules
    I am uploading Vid now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast