Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first dyno.

LakesOnly
    Sweet hell yeah! Let's hear some engine specs, and what RPM and torque numbers!
    As far as I'm concerned, Dan can post whatever secrets he pleases; it's his engine afterall. I just wish to add one tidbit of thought:
    I have noticed as of late that when somebody posts their engine build, another might come along and say that their engine has similar parts but makes more power. Gee, that's great and all, but that's your engine and what you wanted to get out of your build.
    Herc wanted 700HP, and that's what shot for. Yes, the overall combination could certainly support hella more, but this is not what the customer wanted and we would have missed our mark on the build if we shot for bigger numbers. One thing that we absolutely will not do is exploit a customer's engine build, his hard-earned money, etcetera, and use it as an excersize for us to show off max HP capability with said parts at the customer's expense. That is not sincere to the customer's needs. Our builds will always be a direct response to a customer's request, which in this case was 700HP / pump gas / reliable. If we want to build a godawful monster and impress the living crap out of everybody, we'll do that on our dime (unless that's exactly what the customer wants).
    I mentioned elsewhere that if this engine generated more than 5% above target, I'd truly be embarrassed (almost as much as coming up short in HP). Well, we are barely within that margin...although I admit that I still feel there is more HP on the table. But I digress...the important thing here is that Herc got the numbers that he wanted.

LO
    p.s.: One last important thing, some props: Due to the "big HP number on pump gas" nature of this build, I elected the consultation of Chris Straub (cstraub69) when it came time to profle a camshaft. Chris ground a cam that suited the build perfectly. The cam profile was pretty close to what I estimated, but not exact to what I estimated, and Chris' cam profile hit the number like hitting a bullseye...which means that my presumed grind would not have been as exact. Thanks Chris. http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Sleeper CP
    I am uploading Vid now.
    Or you could just post the sheet Good job with the build, now get that bad boy on the water
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

Danhercules
    Here is a clip. I think its pritty big. I will work on another when I get home.
    did not work!!

p.s.: One last important thing, some props: Due to the "big HP number on pump gas" nature of this build, I elected the consultation of Chris Straub (cstraub69) when it came time to profle a camshaft. Chris ground a cam that suited the build perfectly. The cam profile was pretty close to what I estimated, but not exact to what I estimated, and Chris' cam profile hit the number like hitting a bullseye...which means that my presumed grind would not have been as exact. Thanks Chris. http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
    Paul it was a pleasure. It's working with guys like you that make my job what it is. . . a blast. I hope DanHercules is happy with the engine powerband. I am anxious to hear how throttle responsive this BBF was. Having dones several BT headed Fords, I am always amazed at the power these 500 inchers will make with these heads.
    Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet.

Chris, I know there's no comparison between the Blue Thunders and Edelbrocks, but have you done a 500+ in. BBF with the Ebrocks?
    Looking to rebuild mine soon as a stroker and would reuse my heads. Maybe not the best, but it's what I have.
    I'd like to get a recommendation/cam from you and can shoot you my current specs?
    Personally I like the way Dan went after his "target" and I'm not necessarily looking for the big numbers so much as the pump gas and reliable deal. In addition I'd add that having the horsepower at a usable rpm range is really the key for me. I could care less if it makes more horsepower, but it doesn't come in until 7000 rpm.
    Anxious to see some numbers (dyno sheet).

ck7684
    Reminds me of when Lamborghini first started...he requested a V12 engine that made "X" amount of power. Then he said, now detune it so it lasts...the potential is there but with more reliability than a mega horse job...
    Congrats

Chris, I know there's no comparison between the Blue Thunders and Edelbrocks, but have you done a 500+ in. BBF with the Ebrocks?
    Looking to rebuild mine soon as a stroker and would reuse my heads. Maybe not the best, but it's what I have.
    I'd like to get a recommendation/cam from you and can shoot you my current specs?
    Personally I like the way Dan went after his "target" and I'm not necessarily looking for the big numbers so much as the pump gas and reliable deal. In addition I'd add that having the horsepower at a usable rpm range is really the key for me. I could care less if it makes more horsepower, but it doesn't come in until 7000 rpm.
    Anxious to see some numbers (dyno sheet).
    Squirtcha,
    No problem with the Ebrocks making good useable power. Drop me a PM and I will be more then happy to work with you on a cam.

dmontzsta
    Here is a clip. I think its pritty big. I will work on another when I get home.
    Dyno pull. (http://media.putfile.com/BBF-528-dyno-run)
    I tried to watch it three times. It has locked up my browser every single time. I am on a T1 too, it must be huge.

Danhercules
    Try this one.
    Its smaller, so you cannot read the screen.
    Dyno pull (http://media.putfile.com/BBF-528)

hack job
    looks good dan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast