Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: piru vs castaic???

suckin&pumpin
    Its been a long time but I am planning a trip down soth and wanted to take some family out to the lake, last 3 trips to pyramid resulted in getting t boned in a no wake zone, getting hit from the rear while loading on the trailer, and then a ticket for a questionable life vest from a cop that told me "loud boats aren't loved here" so thats out.
    I am wondering about castaic someone told me no water contact????
    Anyone know about piru...pros...cons?

HOOTER SLED-
    Its been a long time but I am planning a trip down soth and wanted to take some family out to the lake, last 3 trips to pyramid resulted in getting t boned in a no wake zone, getting hit from the rear while loading on the trailer, and then a ticket for a questionable life vest from a cop that told me "loud boats aren't loved here" so thats out.
    I am wondering about castaic someone told me no water contact????
    Anyone know about piru...pros...cons?
    Wow. I've never had a prob at Pyramid. And if you think they crack down there.........then stay away from Castaic. Anything over the speed limit will get you popped. Never been to Piru. My choice of the 3 would be Pyramid. Just gotta get there early on the weekends. I know Piru is really small though. I think technically there is supposed to be no water contact at Castaic, but everyone is in the water. The back cove is pretty cool. Check out some of the pics in here posted by the peeps with the Castaic threads. That's in the back cove.

RitcheyRch
    Not sure about noise limits at Castaic but there have been some pretty loud boats there on Sundays.

CORONA&LIME
    Piru is small and the wind really blows, Castaic is fun but to many boat if you have kids your pulling around

HOOTER SLED-
    Piru is small and the wind really blows, Castaic is fun but to many boat if you have kids your pulling around
    Shit, I don't think I'd pull the kids around on any local lake on the weekends.

plaster dave
    Shit, I don't think I'd pull the kids around on any local lake on the weekends.
    Ditto on that.

RitcheyRch
    Ditto his ditto.
    Ditto on that.

boatpoor
    Ditto his ditto, his ditto.

suckin&pumpin
    wow sounds like so cal boating is family oriented....as long as you dont leave the beach

dicudmore
    wow sounds like so cal boating is family oriented....as long as you dont leave the beach
    stop at buena vista outside of bakersfield if you want to ski/tube etc. 45MPH speed limit, I've never been hassled for streching it (I know others have)
    Casitas outside of Ojai is the no body contact lake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast