Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RV Slide-Out/Pop-out problem...

Outnumbered
    I looked at a 2006 Keystone today with dual slides. It is like new except the front slide is stuck closed. It just clunks like it is a clutch noise or gear skipping noise. The owner does not want to fix it and made me a smokin' offer if I take it as-is and have it fixed myself. He claims he has not had an estimate but who knows.
    What is my worst-case cost to get this fixed? I am talking about the small slide for the queen bed in a fiver. The large slide for the dining/living room works fine. The unit is just out of warranty--2006 Model.
    Thanks in advance

squirt'nmyload
    whatever you do, don't take it to beaudry

Magic34
    Look underneath, it could have sheared a pin off. Replace the pin and you are good to go. This happened 2x on my 40' WW on the big slide.
    You need to try a few things first. #1, go under it and there will be a squared tubing that goes the length of the slide. turn that with a wrench. That will make the slide go in and out. As you do that you can see how it all operates and what the problem is. You'll be able to tell if that pin is sheared like I said because the grear will turn but nothing is holding it to turn the square tube.

squirt'nmyload
    oh, and when this happened to luckystrike, 2 of the bolts that held one of the couches down were loose and dropped down far enough to not let the slide open

catman-do
    Im not sure how Keystones are. Dont know if its R and P or if its hydro slides. If its a rack slide then there could have been grinding down from sand getting blown up in it. If its hydro make sure there is no leaks in the lines and there is still enough pressure to push the slide out. Ive had no problems with mine as of yet so i dont know how much they are to fix.

Magic34
    I looked at a 2006 Keystone today with dual slides. It is like new except the front slide is stuck closed. It just clunks like it is a clutch noise or gear skipping noise. The owner does not want to fix it and made me a smokin' offer if I take it as-is and have it fixed myself. He claims he has not had an estimate but who knows.
    What is my worst-case cost to get this fixed? I am talking about the small slide for the queen bed in a fiver. The large slide for the dining/living room works fine. The unit is just out of warranty--2006 Model.
    Thanks in advance
    Smokin offer... Hmmmm. These things are worse than boats just to let you know.
    I have never been happy selling a boat, but the day my 40' WW went away... Party and celebrate each year on the same day.

Outnumbered
    Look underneath, it could have sheared a pin off. Replace the pin and you are good to go. This happened 2x on my 40' WW on the big slide.
    You need to try a few things first. #1, go under it and there will be a squared tubing that goes the length of the slide. turn that with a wrench. That will make the slide go in and out. As you do that you can see how it all operates and what the problem is. You'll be able to tell if that pin is sheared like I said because the grear will turn but nothing is holding it to turn the square tube.
    I looked and the slider mechanism for the front is not accessible from under the coach or from the pass-thru storage. I think it is under the bed plywood. Not sure how to access it.:idea:

Outnumbered
    Im not sure how Keystones are. Dont know if its R and P or if its hydro slides. If its a rack slide then there could have been grinding down from sand getting blown up in it. If its hydro make sure there is no leaks in the lines and there is still enough pressure to push the slide out. Ive had no problems with mine as of yet so i dont know how much they are to fix.
    This is R&P and I doubt it has sand in it. It is like new and it is not a toy-box.

Magic34
    I looked and the slider mechanism for the front is not accessible from under the coach or from the pass-thru storage. I think it is under the bed plywood. Not sure how to access it.:idea:
    The bed should lift up, then under the wood, which should easily lift up has the motor and gears in there.

Outnumbered
    Smokin offer... Hmmmm. These things are worse than boats just to let you know.
    I have never been happy selling a boat, but the day my 40' WW went away... Party and celebrate each year on the same day.
    Old guy just had a stroke and can't deal with it anymore. Needs to blow it out. I've had many TT's and they have all been older. I fix most of the stuff myself. The dealers are a bunch of tweakers--don't trust any of them.
    BTW, no way they are as bad as boats

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast