Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water temps

HPBoats83
    I run between 135 wide open and when I come off the sticks it goes up to about 170ish sometimes 180 but never over that. I have a Volvo Penta 454.

SB
    If you open the hatch immediately after a hard run across Havasu you can literally chip the ice off the intake manifold.
    Odd.
    I run about 120 in a jet. Are you burning a lot of fuel?
    I've reported you to Hillary, once your cat conv. is installed you will run hotter.

Big Inch
    Odd.
    I run about 120 in a jet. Are you burning a lot of fuel?
    I've reported you to Hillary, once your cat conv. is installed you will run hotter.
    I would say it does pretty well on fuel considering I run an 1150 Dominator.
    Exactly what would this cat converter convert my cat to?

Classic Daycruiser
    95 is a little low. What temp thermostat are you running. I would think 135-150F is about right for a freshwater system

BajaMike
    If you open the hatch immediately after a hard run across Havasu you can literally chip the ice off the intake manifold.
    Did they install an ice maker on top of your motor??? j/k.
    Seriously.......those temps seem really low to me.....

Jordy
    I took a pyrometer with me last time and took readings off the motor and my highest reading was 99 degrees.
    So you used a pyrometer (exhaust temp gauge) to measure your engine water temp??? Hmmm... :idea: :jawdrop:

Big Inch
    So you used a pyrometer (exhaust temp gauge) to measure your engine water temp??? Hmmm... :idea: :jawdrop:
    No I used a hand held pointable infrared pyrometer. You can take a reading off basically anything. Just point and click. When I put it on my braided water lines it gave these readings which were consistent with my temp gauge.
    Classic Daycruiser- I installed a 160 thermostat which is the lowest I was able to find but I do not like running one so trying to get opinions on whether or not I should just let it run at 95ish temps or find another way to bring the temps up.

SB
    catalytic converter, they get hot, guess it wasn't that funny.
    I still find it odd that you are running in 100 degree heat with warm intake water and your engine is colder than that.
    But if everything runs ok, I wouldn't worry about it.

Jbb
    I like it best.....when my temp gage never moves...
    cool is good when one worries about detonation

HPBoats83
    No I used a hand held pointable infrared pyrometer. You can take a reading off basically anything. Just point and click. When I put it on my braided water lines it gave these readings which were consistent with my temp gauge.
    Classic Daycruiser- I installed a 160 thermostat which is the lowest I was able to find but I do not like running one so trying to get opinions on whether or not I should just let it run at 95ish temps or find another way to bring the temps up.
    Just out of curiosity why don't you like running a thermostat, I thought you needed one? I must be missing something here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast