Thread: "cross ram" Intakes...

YeLLowBoaT
    I was wondering what are some of the pros and cons of runing a "cross ram" 2 4bbl intake. One of those "old school" speed parts, that I am too young to know if they worked or were a waste of $$$$....
    I found a old m/t one that I can pic up for about $100 that is in great shape... And yes this is going on my 421 pontiac...

SmokinLowriderSS
    I have heard that those were pretty good torque builders. If true that would be a sweet thing. have to be careful about overcarbing as usual tho. I'm sure somebody in here knows more of them than I do.

I was wondering what are some of the pros and cons of runing a "cross ram" 2 4bbl intake. One of those "old school" speed parts, that I am too young to know if they worked or were a waste of $$$$....
    I found a old m/t one that I can pic up for about $100 that is in great shape... And yes this is going on my 421 pontiac...
    I have seen a few of these set-up's on Poncho's back in the early 60's...they seemed to work really well...not too sure what they ran for carbs tho...i think they could have been 700 or 750cfm Holley's...possible, they were AFB's...i think Mickey ran 1 of these on 1 of his drag cars...its a rare manif to find & i think it would look "awsome"...a real head turner...i say "go for it"...what do u have to lose...just my .02 cents
    fastrat