Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Quotes

ULTRA26 # 1
    "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
    ...George W. Bush
    "Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
    ...Governor George W. Bush
    "Welcome to Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."
    "Mars is essentially in the same orbit...Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, 8/11/94
    "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, 9/15/95
    "I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy -- but that could change."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, 5/22/98
    "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, 12/6/93
    "Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, 11/30/96
    "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
    "The future will be better tomorrow."
    "We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
    ...Governor George W. Bush 9/21/97
    "People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."
    "I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
    ...Governor George W. Bush to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93
    "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
    "Public speaking is very easy."
    ...Governor George W. Bush to reporters
    "I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican."
    "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
    "When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame."
    ...George W. Bush
    "Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."
    ...Governor George W. Bush 5/20/96
    "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
    ...Governor George W. Bush 9/22/97
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, 9/5/93
    "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
    ...Governor George W. Bush , 9/18/95
    "The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George Bush may or may not make."
    "We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."
    "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
    "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    "We have to deny them the tools and the recruitements"
    ...President George W. Bush
    Damn, isn't he amazing!

OutCole'd
    He makes me feel so proud.....

The Doctor
    We'll have Hillary soon enough to fix all our problems.

never_fast_enuf
    You can list every bumble ever spoken by W and every quote taken out of context but none hold a candle to this.
    THIS is all you need to know about democrats....
    Bill Clinton: "I can spend your money better than you can."

ULTRA26 # 1
    You can list every bumble ever spoken by W and every quote taken out of context but none hold a candle to this.
    THIS is all you need to know about democrats....
    Bill Clinton: "I can spend your money better than you can."
    If you are going to quote someone at least be accurate. Clinton never made the statement you quoted.
    In a post-State of the Union speech in Buffalo, NY on January 20, 1999, Bill Clinton was asked why not a tax cut if we have a surplus. Clinton's response: "We could give it all back to you and hope you spend it right... But ... if you don't spend it right, here's what's going to happen. In 2013 -- that's just 14 years away -- taxes people pay on their payroll for Social Security will no longer cover the monthly checks... I want every parent here to look at the young people here, and ask yourself, 'Do you really want to run the risk of squandering this surplus?' "
    Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999
    Your so called quote is someone interpretation of the above.
    BTW, Please tell us in what context any of the Bush quotes would make sense.
    Don't forget "Recruitements" and "Srategery"

never_fast_enuf
    If you are going to quote someone at least be accurate. Clinton never made the statement you quoted.
    [/I]
    Oh please...you paste quotes, many of which are taken completly out of context and you complain about a Clinton Quote? Alrighty then.
    Are you starting to understand just what it is that I do in these political forums? It's called pointing out the extreme hypocrisy of the left. You don't like it any more than any other liberal I have come across so don't feel bad.

never_fast_enuf
    But hey, while we are at it, lets have some fun...
    "African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."
    President Clinton on Black Entertainment Television, November 2, 1994
    "You can't say you love your country and hate your government." - Bill Clinton, 1995 (After the OKC bombing)
    "A lot of wonderful people love their country and hate the military." - Bill Clinton, 1969 (Letter to the National Guard)
    "Just try to imagine what it would be like to be 300 million years old." -- President Clinton in Ashe County, N.C.

never_fast_enuf
    "No one wants to get this (Lewinsky) matter behind us more than I do, except maybe all the rest of the American people," Bill Clinton, July 31, 1998 during his remarks on the economy in the rose garden.
    "I'm sure I spent more time in Texas than anybody else who had run for President recently." (Bill Clinton in Longview, Texas, U.S. Newswire, 9/27/96)
    From Time magazine. 6/17/96 p. 104
    refers to "Juanita" a recently discovered Inca mummy
    "You know, if I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out. That's a good-looking mummy!"---Bill Clinton

never_fast_enuf
    and who can forget these gems...
    "[I]t depends on how you define "alone" ... there were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."
    "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"
    - excerpts from Bill Clinton's grand jury testimony

never_fast_enuf
    "We could give it all back to you and hope you spend it right...
    Were you seriously trying to make a point with that? Can you please explain to me how that is different from him saying he could spend our money better? You do realize it IS our money and not theirs, right?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast