Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wear Ring

VAMI
    Anyone use HTP orange ultimate ring?I just put one in with a new stainless b/c.The insulating stuff fell out of the old setup.

502 JET
    I'm not running one.
    I have a bronze ring with the plastic insulator.
    What do you mean the insulator fell out? Did you spin the wear ring?

sanger rat
    I have a bronze ring with the plastic insulator.
    Same here.

hotbo
    yes i run them and love them on the other hand if you are runnin a bronze wear ring with insulator you should always stake the impeller by this i mean drill 2 holes in the pump housing tap 1/4 inch thread and put bolts all the way thru the housing,insulator and wear ring.make the bolt flush so they do not interfear with anyhthing.like they are part of the wear ring:idea: then you will never spin the wear ring or lose the insulator again.
    the uwr are a great thing i think.i have run several of them over the years and if you keep shit outta the pump,dirt sand small gravel,ect they last along time.plus they are supper easy to install.
    now duane says they seal better than the ole conventional style:idea: but i beg to differ that subject.anyway no worries my friend they are good stuff,later trav

If you install the wear ring and insulator the right way with proper clearances and the housing is in good shape it wont spin the wear ring out.
    I run a stainless impeller and wear ring, never had a problem.

cyclone
    the wearing also tends to stay in place if your suction housing doesnt break in half.

RCB19
    the wearing also tends to stay in place if your suction housing doesnt break in half.
    Thats what they call Hydro Machining the wrong way there Mike.

hotbo
    If you install the wear ring and insulator the right way with proper clearances and the housing is in good shape it wont spin the wear ring out.
    so they say the funny thing is i knew this would bring some conflict to the table,there are alot of jet shops who stake impellers,maybe not in cali,bet they do to
    it is a very good precautionery thing to do.i have seen several boats do this and once you stake them its over no more.things can happen shaft be slightly out of round impeller not be balanced the list can go on.:idea: plus some like to set them up real tight with clearance with wear ring.
    ive done it alot of peeps i know do it and it hurts nothing.
    good insurance are you guys boats lake boats or race boats only been wondering this for awhile later trav.

502 JET
    Are you running a wear ring with a insulator?
    What is the proper clearance you suggest for a 900+ hp lake boat running a brass wear ring with insulator?
    I have an older Dominator pump. My old wear ring was stainless with no insulator.
    Does anyone make a stainless or brass ring that goes in with out the insulator?

VAMI
    This is an aggressor pump bought it new last year.I was checking the clearences the dam imp was 7.210 had around .040 wear ring clear.So I put it back together for the weekend until the new one got here.Didnt go through any sand rocks then monday went to switch imp and see the ring hanging on the imp and one litte chunk of insulating in the bowl.Whats funny is the boat still hooked up good.My old boat I spun one it was a solid bronze ring and tore up the housing,so I bored the housing out then made a new ring to fit worked perfect until a few years later I run into a sandbar and spun.The next time it will get stacked in the housing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast