Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prop slip

killer beazz
    how can i eliminate prop slip or reduce it.

ZSARGO
    killer beazz:
    how can i eliminate prop slip or reduce it.BUY A JET BOAT
    I HEAR DRILLING ONE INCH HOLES IN THE PROP WILL HELP. ALSO USING A 4 OR 5 BLADE PROP WILL GIVE YOU BETTER HOLE SHOT, LESS TOP END THOUGH.
    [ September 25, 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

CrazyHippy
    ZSARGO
    I HEAR DRILLING ONE INCH HOLES IN THE PROP WILL HELP.
    ???????
    Finding the right setup (setback, motorheight, trim angle, Prop) has been what i have heard.
    Some props (cleavers) inherantly slip more, because they are run close to and sometimes even piercing the surface of the water.
    Some info as to what the boat is, motor, current setup (setback, propshaft height, prop-including the work that has been done to it if any) and what the boat is doing now (too long to plane, requires lots of trim to free-up, Chinewalk, pourpusing) will help
    BJH

killer beazz
    im gona take her out this afternoon and try to adjust moter hight trim angle and setup to try to find that sweat spot .

HavasuDreamin'
    1" holes are for a through the hub prop. Any time you are running a high performance, surface piercing prop, you should have an over the hub.
    Good Luck

grimreaper
    ZSARGO:
    killer beazz
    [qb]how can i eliminate prop slip or reduce it.BUY A JET BOAT ........QB]TALK about "slip" and "waste"...... eek!

killer beazz
    THAT JET CAN NOT KEAP UP WITH AN OUT BOARD JUST WASTED MOTER YOU AUT TO RUN THAT MOTER IN YOUR CAMARO

HavasuBarney
    HavasuDreamin':
    1" holes are for a through the hub prop. Any time you are running a high performance, surface piercing prop, you should have an over the hub.
    Good LuckI agree that is the general rule but there are exceptions.
    Without question, this Bravo 1 is the best prop I have tried on my 300X, hole shot and top end.
    I have 2" holes to aerate the prop, break it loose, for the hole shot. I still have through-hub exhaust because it is still a warranted motor.
    I do surface this prop and consider it a high performance app.

TOBTEK
    HavasuBarney:
    HavasuDreamin':
    Without question, this Bravo 1 is the best prop I have tried on my 300X, hole shot and top end.
    I have 2" holes to aerate the prop, break it loose, for the hole shot. I still have through-hub exhaust because it is still a warranted motor.
    I have 2" holes to aerate the prop, break it loose, for the hole shot. I still have through-hub exhaust because it is still a warranted motor............Question for you Barney? I have a new 300X comming soon...By what you said, if you put a over hub ex prop on it will void the warranty? Just currious...

ZSARGO
    HavasuBarney:
    HavasuDreamin':
    YO BARNEY,
    WHAT TYPE OF HULL ARE YOU RUNNING THE 300X ON. I'M PUTTING ONE ON A 22 DCB. WHEN YOU SAY THE BRAVO I IS THE BEST PROP YOU'VE TRIED..HAVE YOU TRIED THE CHOPPER II, LIGHTNING E.T., CLEAVERS?? I'VE HEARD THE SAME THING ABOUT THE BRAVO. THIS WILL HAVE ME A LOT OF TESTING, TIME AND $$$$$$$$$$$. THANKS FOR YOU ADVICE IN ADVANCE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast