Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The difference between "Bird and "Bug" Catcher Injectors

Fiat48
    Ok. I see now at the top. Thought that but the pic and the diagram threw me.
    Knowing that. The position of your throttle arm worrys me. It being so high that when the throttle cable pushes it...would not your throttle cable be in rather a cam over position? Please check that. I think you should consider moving that linkage arm to a lower position....so that you have only a straight up push on that lever. I feel there might be a danger of throttle hangin open.
    Maybe it's o.k. but take a look.

GofastRacer
    Ok. I see now at the top. Thought that but the pic and the diagram threw me.
    Knowing that. The position of your throttle arm worrys me. It being so high that when the throttle cable pushes it...would not your throttle cable be in rather a cam over position? Please check that. I think you should consider moving that linkage arm to a lower position....so that you have only a straight up push on that lever. I feel there might be a danger of throttle hangin open.
    Maybe it's o.k. but take a look.
    It looks the same to me, it seems like it's 3/4trs open when closed???...

I was always under the impression that the throttle cable should be pulling the throttle open not pushing it. That way the cable dosen't have a chance of bending at all. Have I been wrong all these years?
    Steve

Fiat48
    But every peddle I ever saw pushes the cable. At least on V drive deals.

All of ours push even my old man's PGF. As long as you have the geometry right you don't have a problem. Those cables are pretty damn strong!!!

It has been so long since I had my V Drives that I can't remember if I put in push or pull throttle cables but I think that they were pull. You have to route the cable a little bit different but it isn't a big deal. Maybe I'am just too old :rollside: :rollside:
    Steve

dossangers
    Im stepping my program up 14/71 carbon fiber fueler scoop oh yeah 80% in the tank look out SCARLOTTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yuk: :yuk:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12