Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix Holley float needle threads?

maxwedge
    I have a Holley carb that has the float needle adjustment threads stripped out of the bowl so it leaks fuel like crazy. Does anybody have a solution for this besides replacing the bowl? I was thinking I could JB weld and tap as a last resort, but maybe theres a better easier way?

I have a Holley carb that has the float needle adjustment threads stripped out of the bowl so it leaks fuel like crazy. Does anybody have a solution for this besides replacing the bowl? I was thinking I could JB weld and tap as a last resort, but maybe theres a better easier way?
    JB weld and re-tap? 1st, I doubt the JB weld would hold and 2nd, I doubt you have the correct tap to re-thread the bowl as it is a 3/8" x 32. I have used brass inserts to repair stripped bowls but it needs to be drilled and tapped oversize on a Bridgeport mill to insure it is inline with the lower bore of the bowl and it is perfectly straight. If not it will leak. Time to buy a new bowl.

vee-driven
    blow the dust off your wallet and get a new bowl and stop fukn around.

maxwedge
    The only problem with just running out and buying a new bowl is that it's a 44 year old carb and I'm having a little trouble finding a replacement bowl for it at the local parts store.
    JB weld and re-tap? 1st, I doubt the JB weld would hold and 2nd, I doubt you have the correct tap to re-thread the bowl as it is a 3/8" x 32...
    Well that explains why the 3/8X24 tap wasn't really doing a bang up job. Oops

Bobbo541
    Call John at John's fuel and carburation 510-786-2505 he might have what you need.

vee-driven
    what size and style is it? all bowls should be the same unless it is a center squirter wich has shorter bowls. last resort call holley.

what size and style is it? all bowls should be the same unless it is a center squirter wich has shorter bowls. last resort call holley.
    For a replacement bowl Holley would be my 1st resort, not my last. Call Holley and give them the list number, they should be able to fix you up.

maxwedge
    Honestly now that I look at it, it looks the same as all the other holley bowls I've ever seen exept for the little vent flapper deal on the top. Nobody I talked to earlier could match up the part# though ( LIST 3075-6) . The guy at Summitt I talked to, swore a newer bowl wouldn't work, but he couldn't specifically tell me what the difference was. Take a look and see what you guys think. I have no idea what the CFM is. Came off a 1963 AMC/Nash 287 V8.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/boat_033.jpg

YeLLowBoaT
    whats the list number on the carb?( choke horn)

maxwedge
    whats the list number on the carb?( choke horn)
    3075-6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast