Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford vs Toyota

Tom Brown
    Listen... try to follow as best you can. I know this is over the heads of most of you.
    Henry Ford started Ford Motor Company in 1903 in the United States of America. Apple pie recipes in England go back to the time of Chaucer in 1381.
    The Ford Motor Company is far more American than Apple Pie itself.
    I suspect the average intellect level of the US citizen to be so alarmingly low because of foreign inbreeding.
    People... if we don't get on side here, one day we are going to find ourselves enslaved by Asians.

Jbb
    It's just like ......warm apple pie!.....

Tom Brown
    I'm done with this thread. The country is going into the toilet and nobody seems to care. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
    Where is Riodog? I know he'd have my back.
    I'm going to leave you all with this thought. Feel free to think about it while you've got your heads burried in the sand.
    There are no communists in heaven.
    Sleep well... Komrades....

cc322
    FORD REPORTS A NET PROFIT OF $750 MILLION FOR Q2 2007
    Revenue of $44 billion, 6 percent above second quarter 2006.
    Net income of $750 million, or 31 cents per share, for the second quarter of 2007.
    Profit of $258 million, or 13 cents per share, from continuing operations excluding special items.**
    Significant year-over-year improvement for all Automotive operations.
    Ford Motor Credit pre-tax profit of $112 million.
    Cost reductions of $600 million; $1.1 billion through the first half of 2007.
    Automotive gross cash at June 30, 2007 of $37.4 billion (including cash and cash equivalents, net marketable securities, loaned securities and short-term Voluntary Employee Benefits Association (VEBA) assets).***
    "Few vehicles have received more negative press in such a short period of time as the 2007 Toyota Tundra. Plant cost overruns, four star crash ratings, camshaft issues, and a series of rebates have shown that the mighty Toyota is fallible after all.
    Well, it seems the bad news just keeps-a-coming, as vastly improved May sales weren't enough to stop even more rebates.
    Now if you want to get your hands on a new Tundra, depending on the model, you can get up to $3,500 off the sticker or zero-percent financing for up to five years, or $500 off the down payment on a three-year lease. There is no more competitive segment in the automotive world than full-size pickups, and we're seeing evidence pile up that the Tundra just isn't up to the challenge. While the Tundra's new engine is second to none, the rest of the truck has a way to go."
    Toyota chases Tundra camshaft failures
    Mark Rechtin
    Automotive News
    May 28, 2007 - 1:00 am
    LOS ANGELES -- A batch of camshaft failures in 5.7-liter V-8 engines has dinged the launch of the Toyota Tundra pickup.
    Camshafts in 20 engines have snapped, says Toyota spokesman Mike Michels.
    ...........Toyota rushed the 5.7-liter engine into production in time for the Tundra's February launch. The 5.7-liter initially was scheduled to arrive this summer. But Toyota dealers and product planners told the manufacturing arm that the Tundra needed the big V-8 at launch because the 4.7-liter V-8 would not make a strong enough statement. READ MORE
    ADDED 30 May 2007 - Tunda may be recalled
    Toyota Motor Corp. faces a costly setback in the biggest U.S. vehicle launch in its history after owners of its new Tundra pickup reported engine failures.
    The Japanese automaker may recall Tundras equipped with 5.7-liter V-8s to replace the engines, a company spokesman said Wednesday.
    The trouble with the Tundra's 5.7-liter engines, the most powerful engine available on the new pickup, is the latest in a series of recalls and problems that have dented Toyota's reputation. READ MORE

Forkin' Crazy
    Actually, My 2007 Tundra is more American made than my Ford and a whole hell of a lot better truck....
    LOL!! Big difference from being built and being assembled. :idea:

Forkin' Crazy
    Listen... try to follow as best you can. I know this is over the heads of most of you.
    Henry Ford started Ford Motor Company in 1903 in the United States of America. Apple pie recipes in England go back to the time of Chaucer in 1381.
    The Ford Motor Company is far more American than Apple Pie itself.
    I suspect the average intellect level of the US citizen to be so alarmingly low because of foreign inbreeding.
    People... if we don't get on side here, one day we are going to find ourselves enslaved by Asians.
    All this dribble coming from a Maxima driving canatard!

Tom Brown
    All this dribble coming from a Maxima driving canatard!
    I really don't see what difference it would have made if that bullshit had come from a gun toting American.

spectras only
    I will never by jap crap!
    Some of the new guys here sure took your bait , not knowing about your jap crap Maxima

Jbb
    I really don't see what difference it would have made if that bullshit had come from a gun toting American.
    ....Whats wrong with gun toting Americans....?

rlj676
    Some Ford trucks are made in.....Canada! :jawdrop:
    That explains a lot. :sleeping:
    Please inform all of us of what Ford trucks are made in Canada? I call BS.
    Further, Toyota isn't the quality gods they have you convinced they are. They recalled more vehicles last year than they sold. All of the Ford's new products are of a quality that is on par with Toyota. The difference is in perception, not reality.
    And everyone comparing the brand new Toyota truck to a F150 designed years ago isn't really reasonable. Compare it to the GM's which are the same year, or to the upcoming F150 next summer.
    As for the canoe story, it is sadly funny and truish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast