Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 93 Gps,man I Wanna Do A 100!

sanger rat
    Waiting to get some nice water on the river so I can really lay into it. I'm impressed with the blower. Weiand street blower 1 to 1 on the pulleys and I'm making 5# boost at 5800. The motor is a tall deck 468 with RHS 360 heads.

VDRIVERACING
    the valve covers came with baffles,but,i haven't put them in there.do i need to?i am gonna start looking for a puke tank.i am running evacs off of each header,ever heard of burn down tubes?i am going to order a new pulley today!i don't have the boost guage hooked up yet,fixin to work on that!,as of now i am running tolulene and marvel,i only have 5 gals left,then its av gas!
    rex marine sells the burn down breathers. You'll need 16an male by 12an male couplers (do not use pipe thread in the breathers - it's a straight thread!). Use an O-ring on the 16an, and screw it into the breather. Use the 12an side to go to your header evacs. It's a cool setup, and easy to undo when you want to pull your valve covers. Drill 1/4" holes in the valve cover where the breathers will be and that will act as a baffle. The trick here is to make sure whatever hardware you use from the inside of the valve cover clears your valve train. If you have stud girdles, you will need to use flat head screws, and countersink the bottom side of the breathers so they'll snug up, and I have seen some clean weld on jobs. This is a non-maintenance way to go. Puke tanks are another mess to deal with.

atxwrangler
    rex marine sells the burn down breathers. You'll need 16an male by 12an male couplers (do not use pipe thread in the breathers - it's a straight thread!). Use an O-ring on the 16an, and screw it into the breather. Use the 12an side to go to your header evacs. It's a cool setup, and easy to undo when you want to pull your valve covers. Drill 1/4" holes in the valve cover where the breathers will be and that will act as a baffle. The trick here is to make sure whatever hardware you use from the inside of the valve cover clears your valve train. If you have stud girdles, you will need to use flat head screws, and countersink the bottom side of the breathers so they'll snug up, and I have seen some clean weld on jobs. This is a non-maintenance way to go. Puke tanks are another mess to deal with.
    sounds easy enough,i'm going to check into it!sounds simple enough.:idea:

moparjet
    I bought my valve cover vents from Dana and they came with the gaskets. http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1187140024
    where do you get one of those puke tanks and how are you guys mounting them to the blower

sanger rat
    I got my tank local. It's the same one Rex sells. I drilled the holes on the brackets to 5/16th and bolted it to the top oustside bolts on the blower rear cover. http://www.rexmar.com/page285.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123