Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300 ProMax or 300X What kind of problems have you had

Rocket2003
    Yes he does!
    I wish there was somebody out here in the sticks that could paint half that good! Are guys all seem to have been trained by Earl Shrib or Macco! (However you spell those company's names, but you get the point)

HavasuBarney
    TrailerparkTJ:
    Pardon my ignorance on this issue, but what exactly is the difference between the Pro Max and the 300x? I assume the 300x is the higher horsepower motor, but why? Thanks in advance. The 300X has about 50 more HP and rev's another 1000 rpms.
    On the same boat, same setup, same prop, I ran 15mph faster with the X.

TOBTEK
    Rocket2003:
    Yes he does!
    I wish there was somebody out here in the sticks that could paint half that good! Are guys all seem to have been trained by Earl Shrib or Macco! (However you spell those company's names, but you get the point) Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... idea box yours up,ship it out to Cali, I'll spray the crap out of it. Hopefully I will need to another for myself soon anyway wink

Boatmaster
    I was running the merc Hi-po oil. Smokes more than others, but the hours do not lie! The big difference between the Pro Max and the X is the Fuel injection and oil pump set up.

Screaming Pete
    Tobtek I'll haveto bring mine back if i get out this weekend

TOBTEK
    Screaming Pete:
    Tobtek I'll haveto bring mine back if i get out this weekend WE are going out sat after a photo shoot(engagement photos, not boat related), should be out on the river Sunday morning. MAYBE sat afternoon, But if you go lets hook up at the sandbar for a sunday beer.

Toffen
    Hi!
    Blew a powerhead on my PM 300 after 225 hrs due to the crank was off balance. Got new on extended warranty. Now 100 hours on new powerhead. No problems.
    Blew one Fleetmaster Lowerunit due to high propsetting. Swapped to Torquemaster. No problems since.
    Have had some injector issues. Balanced them twice to get the proper plug readings.
    Nice engine. Will buy a PM 300X next year or 2 x Merc 2.5 EFI's.
    Cheeers, Toffen G

Screaming Pete
    to the top

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123