Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Boat Sunk

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    Who was it that sunk their jet boat at Dam #4 Saturday?
    There was a jet boat that sunk at the launch ramp Saturday afternoon. Looked like it got swamped or something. It was orange with red and yellow strips on the bow.
    Someone said that he had just got the boat and this was his first trip out. I think they said it was his first boat too.
    Sorry for your bad weekend.

sunkisst
    That Sucks

fat rat
    That Sucks
    My thoughts exactly!

737jetmech
    Who was it that sunk their jet boat at Dam #4 Saturday?
    There was a jet boat that sunk at the launch ramp Saturday afternoon. Looked like it got swamped or something. It was orange with red and yellow strips on the bow.
    Someone said that he had just got the boat and this was his first trip out. I think they said it was his first boat too.
    Sorry for your bad weekend.
    If its gotta sink ... the launch ramp is the best place! Wonder if the drain plug was installed???

sunkisst
    I left mine out once,I noticed water rising in the boat. I walked around to the back of the boat,put my hand over the drain plug hole. When my buddy got back from parking the truck,I told him ,"Without any one seeing you,Give Me the plug" I got away with it!!

Thunderbolt
    man, that would ruin my day for sure.. hope he gets it unwaterlogged..

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    I talked to one of the guys that helped pull the boat out of the water and back onto the trailer. He was there when this went down.
    This was his first boat, and the first time he had it in the water. He did not take the boat out before he bought the thing.
    They launched the boat at the public boat ramp, this is a very busy ramp on Saturday and Sundays. The boat was taking on water at the transon area. either the transom plate was leaking or where the once thru hull exhaust, or maybe both. Either way there was more water coming into the boat than the bildge pump could handle.
    He was tooling around waiting his turn to get the boat back on the trailer (like I said this is a busy ramp) when some knuckle head launched his boat and took off in the no wake zone and swamped the jet boat.
    It could have been worse, but still sucks for the guy being his first boat and all. Hope he gets it on the water before the summer is gone.

JoeB
    Johnny,
    That's ironic, as I almost sunk your Rogers twice.
    1. Maiden voyage,...Phoenix,AZ,...Lake Pleasant.
    Just had installed the motor, and failed to realize the original owner had tapped the water inlet for a pressure gauge. It was actually sinking in this picture below. That's was my girlfriend,..now wife in the boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/3562b2.jpg
    Thankfully the marina had a plug,...this was later on that day.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/3562b3.jpg
    2. Left the plug out about 5 am in the morning,...:jawdrop:,...Lake Powell,AZ
    Just had the crap scared out of me the night before as we got caught in a storm crossing the lake. My mind wasn't all there. As we were crossing, we saw a small runabout sink as we were crossing. The good Lord was with us, or we wouldn't have made it. The little Rogers ran like a top all the way across.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    Thanks Joe,
    Nice pictures.
    I have not done a thing to the boat since I last sent you the pictures. It has been too hot to mess with it. The evening sun set so that it shines right into the garage. My buddy and I just go to the river and drink beer and hang out either at the campground or on the pontoon boat. I guess we will get back at it soon enough.
    John

Beer-30
    This occurred at Buena Vista last year. The guy had it out for the first time after buying. Inexperienced with low-freeboard boats. Or, boats for that matter. Anyway, he was taking his first lap around the lake and stopped at the west end for a dip. He chopped the throttle and in came the backwash over the transom. Basically just took the boat right out from under the two guys.
    We unhooked from our anchored spot about 500 feet away. We picked up his seat cushions and misc floating objects and followed as the boat was towed to the ramp. Then helped load onto the trailer and start draining.
    Now he's experienced.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../2433006sm.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../2433016sm.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../2433038sm.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast