Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stereo Problem

HPBoats83
    On Saturday in Havasu I hit a bad wake in the boat and ever since then, their has been a loud buzzing noise comming out of all the speakers. I tried to unplug the rca's and it's not as bad but still has something wrong, so with NO RCA's plugged into the deck this buzzing noise is still comming from all speakers. I have checked everything I can think of and now am looking here for some ideas.

thatguy
    Where do the RCA lines go? How many amps. ? Do all the speakers share the same amp?
    Tommy

Mr. Crusader 83
    It sounds like a bad ground.
    Are the amps still turning on?
    Can you still hear the music over the buzzing sound?

HPBoats83
    When the stereo is on with the volume at like 0 through 3 the buzzing is really bad but you can hear some music. When I turn it up past that the music drowns out the buzzing. If I switch songs or turn the volume back down the buzzing comes back. The other thing is when I turn the turn the radio off or switch from I-Pod to CD the speakers like pop. I have 3 seperate amps and they are all on.

HPBoats83
    So, all three amps are buzzing even with the RCAs unplugged from the head unit? If so, are you sure?
    Yes I'm sure. I had 3 RCA's laying on the ground and the buzzing was still comming through the speakers.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
    That sounds like a ground or power wire came loose on wake, check them all and you will find problem.
    BIG JOE SSMF

Mr. Crusader 83
    I would have unplugged them from the amps, just in case, but it has to be something that they have in common. The only thing they have in common is the head unit, power and ground. Since you've eliminated the head unit, I'd check ground.
    And the remote. But I dont think that would cause buzzing. I will go with my first answer.
    What is "Ground Wire" for $1000 Alex.

HPBoats83
    I have checked ALL grounds from the amp to the battery as well as the positive connections. Here is the other kicker to this whole thing.....I plugged in another Alpine head unit that I used to run and same thing. When I plugged in the other unit the RCA's were sitting on the floor of the boat.

Havasu Hangin'
    I would have unplugged them from the amps, just in case, but it has to be something that they have in common. The only thing they have in common is the head unit, power and ground. Since you've eliminated the head unit, I'd check ground.
    How are the amps triggered? Dash switch or remote amp lead from the head unit?

HPBoats83
    Remote from the head unit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast