Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stereo Problem

HPBoats83
    It does it with the engine off (haven't tried it with the engine on) and yes I have multiple batteries.

HOOTER SLED-
    1)Does it buzz with the engine on??? how about off?? (this will isolate engine trouble)
    2)Does it buzz with the stereo/head off??? on??? (Isolate Stereo/head from amps)
    3)Do you have dual/multi-batteries setup?
    What did the shop find? What ever it was, make sure it can't happen again...those wave are big.
    For me..............engine on - yes.
    buzzes when on w/ engine running
    dual batteries
    only makes noise through speakers connected to amps.

ddevore
    As a few others have said check out your grounds.. This happened to me, after passing a wakeboard boat one of the grounds got pulled a little loose, not enough to really notice the bad connection, but the buzzing was irritating... I just went after each connection one at a time - if I hit the electric hatch button it would make all kinds of interesting noises.

Kim Hanson
    On Saturday in Havasu I hit a bad wake in the boat and ever since then, their has been a loud buzzing noise comming out of all the speakers. I tried to unplug the rca's and it's not as bad but still has something wrong, so with NO RCA's plugged into the deck this buzzing noise is still comming from all speakers. I have checked everything I can think of and now am looking here for some ideas.
    Look for a loose connection.....period !..........( . )( . ).............:idea:

Thunder Struck
    Try to ground the main head unit somewhere else.

Classic Daycruiser
    Check the battery terminals for corrosion.
    Also try Battery selector switch. Select position one, then both, the position 2. This will isolate a battery problem.
    If it only buzzes during engine on, I would suspect a noise suppressor problem...usually a grounding problem.
    Remove both terminals from each battery (after turning the battery selector switch to off position), and clean them with sandpaper.
    By the way.....Are your batteries marine grade batteries?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123