Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WannabeRacing Long Beach Pics

VDRIVERACING
    Thanks for the pics. I thought your comments were entertaining!
    This is the best of times!

fc-pilot
    Ray, no worries over here. It just so happens that our (Buzzz and my) desks are only a few feet away, so of course we have to talk to each other over the internet. :messedup: Buzzz and I have been laughing about it all day. You would have gotten a kick out of the time he came up to us and started talking crap a few years back. (I have reason to believe he had some pharmaceutical courage built up to help him). We will forever laugh about that one. I missed the o-ring deal, you will have to fill me in later on what all happened there.
    VDRIVERACING, No problem with the pictures as it is our pleasure. It is a hobby of ours and when we are not behind the wheel we also do it for the group we run with.
    Paul

CircleJerk
    Love the pictures, hugs all around! Well, some of you anyway! Thanks for your time and sharing! jErK

fc-pilot
    Love the pictures, hugs all around! Well, some of you anyway! Thanks for your time and sharing! jErK
    Anything for a jErk.
    Paul

CircleJerk
    the pictures are great, but the comments you made are way off base and out of line, have you guys ever even raced a boat before, did you go and ask some of the people what there are doing with there set ups before you made these rude comments. at least all these people are racers and not wannabe racers like yourself.
    Mr. Real King with all due respect let me interject:
    I, am a 'jerk', either self proclaimed or a ligitimate genuine article. No misrepresentation here. If I could take pictures and post them, you would probably call my comments rude also. It's simple, both of us are big fans (OF YOU AND RACING) but still learning, why LEAN on your loyal subjects? Mr. King.
    'Wannabe' has not hit the course as yet so hense his name. I have never heard him brag about a thing, he just has a sincere desire to help with advise and contribute interesting stuff to this site. Which is a heck of a lot more welcome here than all the fag comments and slamming that goes on with regularity.
    In conclusion, Mr King, I think your comments could also be considered rude when directed to one of circle racings biggest fan (Wannabe) who traveled quite a ways to LB, as well as a fan of yours! You are probably a great guy in person, but often here, you could steal my title in a heartbeat!
    JeRkiZoid

MAXIMUS
    Mr. Real King with all due respect let me interject:
    I, am a 'jerk', either self proclaimed or a ligitimate genuine article. No misrepresentation here.
    Which is a heck of a lot more welcome here than all the fag comments and slamming that goes on with regularity.
    JeRkiZoid
    You know Boyd I might just take offense to this??? What exactly are you trying to say here about the gay community???:notam:

"I gotta be honest here. I have seen the 550 look a whole lot better.
    In the morning test and the first pro stock event, it sounded great but really not going anywhere fast.
    Could have just been a prop deal, not really sure, but sure seemed weird."
    "Although the 70 boat only put it to the wood on one straight all day, it won that heat with ease.
    But c-mon guys, lets put some gear to the thing. Standard headed BBCs don't like mid 8000 rpms"
    I think these are the two comments that have Gorgy somewhat peaved. I'm just guessing but he may take offense to being told to throw some gear in the 70 when he is the engine builder and bro in law of the crew chief.
    As for the comments on the 550 boat, in light of the recent tragic events involved with the team, Making the boat "right" or in top race condition hasn't been much of a priority.
    I don't feel any of it was intended or malicious but we know how passionate our King can be. Great pics as usual.

WannabeRacing
    About the 70 first. I was standing talking with Bill Faulkner during the heat with the 70 running the one straight full out. I listened to his conversation with Ty while he hit the end of the first straight. We spoke about it at length. Then went back to the pits and I watched them make Bubba change the gears out. I spoke with Bubba about the change, the rpm Ty said it hit in the straight, etc. Then the deal with the finals being run the next morning where the air would be even better, another change again possible. No, I did not speak with Gordy about the gear change, but I think I spoke with every other member of the team about it. Even Momma Faulkner. Thought I had decent authority.
    About the 550. That one I was not aware of. I know of many 550s in different circle racing divisions. Seems to be a popular number. I was unaware that this was the 550 racing with heavy hearts. I do not know that family, nor anyone on the crew. I found out that this was them after the pictures were posted, and did not want to change anything at that point. I would be happy to change that portion of it. It was a simple observation. And I am sorry for their loss. Also sorry if that hurt their feelings.

funnycarmike
    "BITCHEN" photos, as usual! ! ! ! ! Thanks Buzz! . . . . . . .I don't personally know Gordy so I am not even going to comment! . . . . .But, you, my friend, handled his comments like a true "KING". Funny how I now have the the utmost respect for a "Wanabe" over a self proclaimed "King":jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Stab-n-Steer
    Yes, I agree... I don't know the history but you, Mr. Wannabe, handled yourself with grace and dignity... And you're right on about the back problems with the "Cracker Deal"! That's why I haven't been on the water in over a year...
    S&S

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234