I have a stock bore 400 SBC that I would like to put in my jetboat with Dominator pump with "B" impellor. I would like a recipe for 500 HP. These are the parts I have for it already.
I managed to obtain some 400 pistons that take a 5.7 rod. They are 12.5:1 forged TRW's. New in the box. The 5.7 rods are PINK rods from a 350 SBC Targetmaster 4 bolt main. I'm a little concerned if the crank will hold up. I'm also concerned that the only good heads I have for it are Camel Hump heads with really small chambers....like 58 cc's last I checked. They have 2.02 intake 1.80 exhaust. I would like to run the VORTEC heads because they flow so good, but if the camel humps will do the job, I would rather use those. I'm just worried about that high compression. Oh yeah, the heads are already set up with the big springs and studs and have already been machined ready for use. Again, compression is scaring me. I would like a combo that can run on 93 octane with a booster if needed. I would also like to use the parts available if possible. Obviously cam choice is what I need.......do I build this thing for torque or horsepower? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.