I get people asking me all the time, "Pardon me...do you have a cigarette?"
    :notam:
    So Do I

RiverToysJas
    I get people asking me all the time, "Pardon me...do you have a cigarette?"
    :notam:
    So people don't call them fags anymore?

meaniam
    Further more, you have a cop, paramedic and other “boaters” that all identified the make as a Fountain…I am not a boat expert however I have been boating for 30 years and after awhile, a guy just knows what kind of boat runs by your camp…I have seen this type of boat with the “FOUNTAIN” on the side and you can’t miss it…it’s like the old ELIMINATOR that used to be put on the whole side of their boats…
    you make it sound like alot of witnesses were there. there was not. i believe there was only the cop on shore was said to see it. jeff wasn't paying attention at the moment of impact. the only other one who might be able to id it is a hallet. and i am not sure of that. so without a statement from one of those 2. i would not say this is 100%. and this is why we have leo. they will search all boats similar as stated above by balls deep. looking for damage. the cops will not be blinded here. they are professionals. as time expands so will their search. i am sure the police have already visited managers of storage yards and near by shops. it will get around.
    we can only hope the person files a report of boat being stolen or does a false insurance claim. those 2 are probably the easiest to find the party responsible.

DUNDUN
    I totally agree with you, after awhile you just know what type of boat it is but it could still be mistaken…
    I am only saying this because I was pulled over Friday afternoon when I was heading down Mcculloch to launch my boat. I had just gotten into town Friday afternoon and had no idea this accident occurred. While I was driving down to launch, I was pulled over by the LE and questioned. Fortunately I was let go with no ticket but the cop said he pulled me over because my burgundy 25’ Eliminator Eagle with checkers matched the description of the boat in the accident. You would think a cop especially one in LHC would know the difference between a 25’ Eliminator and a bigger Fountain….
    Not to totally change the subject but I heard from some people at Moabi that the guy was already caught at Windsor late Friday night, is that not the case?
    I think LE knows that the witnesses could be wrong, and they aren't taking any chances. Thats good to see, I'm glad to hear that they are being so diligent out there. Fountain or not, If the cops continue to stay on top of this, this bastard will be caught.

Havasu Hangin'
    So people don't call them fags anymore?
    Coincidentally, that only happens when you're onboard.
    :idea:

Water Romper
    you make it sound like alot of witnesses were there. there was not. i believe there was only the cop on shore was said to see it. jeff wasn't paying attention at the moment of impact. the only other one who might be able to id it is a hallet. and i am not sure of that. so without a statement from one of those 2. i would not say this is 100%. and this is why we have leo. they will search all boats similar as stated above by balls deep. looking for damage. the cops will not be blinded here. they are professionals. as time expands so will their search. i am sure the police have already visited managers of storage yards and near by shops. it will get around.
    we can only hope the person files a report of boat being stolen or does a false insurance claim. those 2 are probably the easiest to find the party responsible.
    Actually….you are correct with your remark..:idea:
    I wasn’t there and I thought (ASSUMED) there were several folks at the scene..
    I guess the point of my input was that if a boat says FOUNTAIN on the side, there is a pretty good chance it’s a Fountain.
    If there were NO MARKINGS on the boat, I bet the majority of us here would be guessing the make, seems at a glance, new boats in the same size, style and color would look very similar. Unless I actually saw the name of a boat involved in a accident where there were victims, my judgment would be iffy due to the “Oh Crap!!!” factor….

Wild Horses
    A thought: There are a few boats with Fountain , but more with scarab which is a "Fountain style boat ".....Are the 110% it was a fountain ???
    Let's stay with the witch hunt at hand and leave us poor Scarab drivers alone!!!!

Big Warlock
    The boat may very well have said "Fountain" on the side, BUT judging by some of the responses on these forums WHAT MAKES YOU THINK MOST OF OUR MEMBERS CAN READ?
    Rio
    Unfortunately True!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast