Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the Mercury Pro ET Lab Finish Prop?

beaverretriever
    This looks like the prop I am going with on the new boat. Anything good or bad I should know about? Our new boat should run around 104+ or - with this prop on it.
    http://www.mercuryracing.com/product...lers/proet.php

DCBDaytona
    The Pro ET shoulc work well with you setup....What pitch are you going with? I assume you're going with a 32P to get you in the low 100's. Keep in mind that with a 32P it's gonna come out of the hull slow and with people in the boat it's even going to be worse...and the acceleration will be below par for that size boat.
    Here's an example from my boat...with 32 Merc labbed cleavers I can run 115ish but it pulls like crap and comes on plane slower. With a set of labbed 28P ETs I still run 105ish but it comes on plane quick and is a rocket from 0-105. IMO, with the smaller rocket tunnels it's much more fun to have the hard acceleration/quick plane time rather than a top end number which cannot be run very often because of snotty water.

dicudmore
    This looks like the prop I am going with on the new boat. Anything good or bad I should know about? Our new boat should run around 104+ or - with this prop on it.
    http://www.mercuryracing.com/product...lers/proet.php
    just try it and see if you no likey--keep throwing props at it till you find a winner
    How long till this thing arrives anyway?? I wanna go drive it NOW

beaverretriever
    The Pro ET shoulc work well with you setup....What pitch are you going with? I assume you're going with a 32P to get you in the low 100's. Keep in mind that with a 32P it's gonna come out of the hull slow and with people in the boat it's even going to be worse...and the acceleration will be below par for that size boat.
    Here's an example from my boat...with 32 Merc labbed cleavers I can run 115ish but it pulls like crap and comes on plane slower. With a set of labbed 28P ETs I still run 105ish but it comes on plane quick and is a rocket from 0-105. IMO, with the smaller rocket tunnels it's much more fun to have the hard acceleration/quick plane time rather than a top end number which cannot be run very often because of snotty water.
    I would like to keep the boat over a 100 if possible. What miles per hour would I lose buy dropping the pitch numerically to a 30 or 28?

beaverretriever
    just try it and see if you no likey--keep throwing props at it till you find a winner
    How long till this thing arrives anyway?? I wanna go drive it NOW
    Dan, make sure you have Friday morning the 24th free. The boat will be here the 22nd or so. We can even head out after work on one of those days.

dicudmore
    I would like to keep the boat over a 100 if possible. What miles per hour would I lose buy dropping the pitch numerically to a 30 or 28?
    hard to predict...you're gonna have to run it and see where it lands, then experiment with it...theoretically, you'll drop a couple MPH per prop size and gain 3-400 RPM. I think Kevin is right on to say prop it for acceleration

DCBDaytona
    I understand your concern. With a 28 I'd assume low 90's and a 30 will put you mid to upper 90's. It's a tough decision...but if you do your boating on the weekends in Havasu, you probably won't be doing too many 100+ mph runs.
    Also, are you getting 1.62 or 1.75 gears?

beaverretriever
    I understand your concern. With a 28 I'd assume low 90's and a 30 will put you mid to upper 90's. It's a touch decision...but if you do your boating on the weekends in Havasu, you probably won't be doing too many 100+ mph runs.
    Also, are you getting 1.62 or 1.75 gears?
    Supposably Trick Powerboats has a customer that has ran a shit load of different props on the same set up as mine and this prop is the best. I was originally going with a Bravo, but I sent Jeff some more money to upgrade to this prop. I hope its worth it.
    I do boat at Mead a lot with a lot of open water, so I would like to be able to hit that 100mph mark.
    BTW, 1.62 gears with the 32 pitch, I should be at 6000rpm(in the power range) at 7.5 to 8.25% slip at 104 mph. These #s are per Jeff TPB.

dicudmore
    Supposably Trick Powerboats has a customer that has ran a shit load of different props on the same set up as mine and this prop is the best. I was originally going with a Bravo, but I sent Jeff some more money to upgrade to this prop. I hope its worth it.
    I do boat at Mead a lot with a lot of open water, so I would like to be able to hit that 100mph mark.
    100 at Mead might be a pipe dream with a single O/B...the altitude up here doesn't help performance much I think it will run it at mohave and havasu though

DCBDaytona
    BTW, 1.62 gears with the 32 pitch, I should be at 6000rpm(in the power range) at 7.5 to 8.25% slip at 104 mph. These #s are per Jeff TPB.
    Those #'s are correct...In theory, you should be in the low 100's with a nominal slip % of 10. It might be best for you to have two props...one for the speed runs and one for the drag runs. Each has it's own perks!
    Is Jeff installing some trim tabs or a "whale tale" for you? I'd think with 1.62 gears and 32P prop,it won't exactly be stellar out of the hole. Especially with an aggressive "x" dimension, loaded with fuel, beer and people. Just more food for thought!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast