Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rent in Orange county

Boozer
    Good luck finding something in that price range. I looked long and hard for a deal in HB and didn't find sh*t. I finally found a small 2 bedroom 1 bath house a couple blocks from Main and PCH for $2,000. When I made it to the showing there were about 15 other people there in line to get it before me.
    You'll be lucky to find a decent apartment for $1,800 in HB let alone a house. You'll be even luckier to find ANY place that will take a dog. The house I had found for the $2,000 was the only place I found that would take my Boxer. Everywhere else I looked had a very strict no pets policy. The beach is cool but my dog is a lot cooler. Needless to say I'm staying right where I am for the time being and enjoying my very affordable mortgage payment.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Good news, bad news. You should be able to get a duplex with a yard for that money. The dificulty is the DOG!!!!!!!!!!!
    Renters may soon be unable to find a rental if they have ANY large dog, specifically Pits, etc. I have been a dog owner for years, but I am a landlord too.
    Two years ago my insurance company gave me written notice about a group of dogs that they clasified as not acceptable. A few months back my apartment owners assc. had an article addressing the same issue. Dogs day may be limited due to insurance restrictions. As always lawsuits are at the root of this.
    Good luck.
    Our AAA homeowners ins bans 7 types of dogs on the policy, from pits to pugs to rhodesian ridgebacks.
    Funny thing is we've been quaranteened twice for serious cat bites. No ban on that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12