Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: V-Drive Show at Castle Rock - Parker AZ

ColeTR2
    Great pictures thanks for posting them.

Sangster
    There could be alot more of these.. Kinda cool jest walkin, talkin & lookin....

mostly crue
    How was the show in total. I was told it wasn't a big turnout due to the parks entry fee. Is this true? Sorry I couldn't make it, we were racing the
    p-96 at San Diego.

FLATMVN
    I didn't pay any ENTRY FEE. If you read the flier on he first page there is no ENTRY FEE and they we also letting PARTICIPANT'S use the Park and RV Spaces for FREE for the day. I think there was not a big turn out because there was a car show in Williams AZ the same weekend. And as for the boats there were 20 or 25 there and that is what the limit was. They limited the car's and boats to 25 each because of space and this was there first year at doing this. I thought that it turned out very well for a first year.

Dave Sammons
    It was a great event! My family has been going to Castle Rock multiple times a year since the late sixties when my Grandparents kept a trailer there! I will tell you that after speaking with the management of the park following the event, that the turnout was exactly what they had hoped for on the boat count and that the plan will be to have the second annual event next year on the same weekend in September. I told them that I would meet with them in a couple weeks when I'm out there to talk about logistics for next year. If you attended and have any feedback, please let me know and I will pass it along!

Dave Sammons
    Nice fat smudge on my camera lense....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1190084386
    Never heard Rattle Can Lou called a "Fat Smudge" before, but since that's his boat...kinda makes sense!
    Tell you what though...not only does the boat look nice...I drove it later in the week and she's an honest 90mph wooddecker! Now THAT'S awesome!

TonkaDriver
    My Lady and I attended and were not disappointed in the least. Spectators paid $2 each and pets were free. They are pet friendly. The humans pay and pets are free. The boat turnout was great. The Nordskog was great to see in person. What a wild looking boat. The Bezer was a beautiful piece.
    I had never seen a Lebel flat until this event (another different sort of boat, really cool transom). I got to meet RCL, what a character and what a beautiful wood deck boat. Beautiful noise was there, Nice Boat.
    I wish I had met more of the people here on the boards. It was a great time and a lot of beautiful boats.
    I have some shots of GN-19 on the water as well as the Lebel that I will post tomorrow.
    It was a good show that I will enter a boat in in a couple of years.
    Kurt

BA Kurtis
    We had a great time and didnt send a nickle, the raffle was fun, free beer , I thought the boat turn out was great, I hope they continue this event every year, even if they did charge a entry fee to use the park it would still be worth going but being free this year was a plus.

scottys
    It was a great event! My family has been going to Castle Rock multiple times a year since the late sixties when my Grandparents kept a trailer there! I will tell you that after speaking with the management of the park following the event, that the turnout was exactly what they had hoped for on the boat count and that the plan will be to have the second annual event next year on the same weekend in September. I told them that I would meet with them in a couple weeks when I'm out there to talk about logistics for next year. If you attended and have any feedback, please let me know and I will pass it along!
    This was a very organized first event.The staff were polite and helpful.With a 7 car turn out I would have rather seen another 25 boats.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast