Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why You Shouldnt Take Law Into Your Own Hands

HavasuSelect
    http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_227134631.html
    (CBS) LOS ANGELES Sheriff's detectives arrested three people in the shooting death of a woman who interrupted a tagger in Pico Rivera, and two other suspects were still being sought, a deputy said Wednesday.
    Cesar Lopez and Jennifer Tafoya, both 19 and from Pico Rivera, and a 16-year-old boy were arrested Tuesday, Deputy Oscar Butao of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.
    Lopez was booked for murder and denied bail, Butao said.
    Tafoya and the boy, whose name was withheld because of his age, were arrested for probation violations, he said.
    Maria Hicks, 58, flashed her vehicle lights and honked her horn at a male she saw tagging a wall at San Gabriel River Parkway and Woodford Street shortly before 10 p.m. on Friday night, Deputy Maribel Rizo said.
    As she followed the tagger who was walking away from the wall, a car with an unknown number of male suspects, drove up behind her and someone fired several rounds at her, Rizo said.
    Hicks died shortly before noon Monday, according to the sheriff's department.
    Neighborhood residents repainted the wall where Hicks first saw the tagger and placed lit candles and flowers there.
    Hicks "paid a high price for the idea of law and order," said HicksÂ’ brother, Ruben Quintero, an English literature professor at Cal State Los Angeles. "I think we shouldn't give up on that idea since she has already paid the price. We should hold onto this idea of being civilized."
    Investigators were seeking two males in their late teens, along with a blue, late-model Lincoln Continental, according to SHB. The weapon used in the crime has not been found.
    It doesn't matter how small the crime seems, you really never know what you're dealing with....

USCFAN
    What a raw deal. But it is oh so true, you never know what type of guy you are confronting. Just not worth it..

socalmoney
    We are where we are because people don't get involved. Could you imagine how much cleaner LA would be if people didn't put up with tagging. When people don't get involved, it is like condoning it. Just like parenting. I say take a chance but be smart about it. Have situational awareness and have an out. Get the cops on the phone, take pictures if you can. I say get involved, just don't be stupid

BrendellaJet
    WTF?
    Im a very tolerant person, but I phucking hate gang bangers, white black or brown it doesn't matter.
    In this case the old saying holds true, you mess with one bean, you get the whole burrito, or bullet rather.

fatboy95
    She shoulda fired first instead of flashing her lights.
    Good to know the fuktard taggers go with backup...
    illegals? bangers? Mezkins?

HavasuSelect
    We are where we are because people don't get involved. Could you imagine how much cleaner LA would be if people didn't put up with tagging. When people don't get involved, it is like condoning it. Just like parenting. I say take a chance but be smart about it. Have situational awareness and have an out. Get the cops on the phone, take pictures if you can. I say get involved, just don't be stupid
    I agree, by all means get involved. But do it wisely. Put your safety first. Call the Police. Don't confront anyone.

Bense468
    OR maybe its time for everyone to start taking law into their own hands and this shit would eventually not happen. Just a thought.

beaverretriever
    She shoulda fired first instead of flashing her lights.
    Good to know the fuktard taggers go with backup...
    agree...
    Fire first, then flash your lights to see if they are still moving.
    I hate fricken taggers. I don't get it...What a focking joke.

Bense468
    Damn Bense, you're startin to sound like Rio.
    Rio
    That can't be a good thing LOL...Are you going to come join us on one of these events or what?

Ignoring it or refusing to get involved goes right along with the " it's only illegal if you get caught" mentality. Don't worry, someone else will take care of it.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast