Thread: Catalina Ski Race

Jeff Magana
    This is my first post on this thing, but i had to say i was quite impressed. A buddy of mine happened to catch the catalina ski race a few weeks back and told me about the red outboard that was the first small boat back at the race. Always being a fan of outboards, i happened to do some reseach about #311. always being a fan of outboards, i did some research and found out that it is a new design by hallett. i really wanted to see this thing and a friend of mine that does graphic design told me about this web site that he saw it on. Have any of you ever seen it? Its really cool check it out its at http://www.primemarineusa.com
    click on the galleries and then go to client boats. NWSRA's site says it belongs to a Rich Landreth. it's a really nice set up. does anybody know about the rigging of that thing? id like to see more outboards compete like that little thing did at catalina

Laser 21
    The bottom is a cyclone, and the top is a Hallett, it's made for water ski racing, a new class F-2, single outboard, this year the races will be in Long Beach, same area as the Catalina race

Hey Dean, how's it goin. Been a long time.

Laser 21
    Rexone:
    Hey Dean, how's it goin. Been a long time. Hey Mike, yea it has been a long time, haven't raced for about 6 years now, I still come to some of the races to watch Erin ski, need to come to more, I'll be at the worlds for sure, you?
    see you then
    Dean

mbrown2
    That is a really trick looking boat, so did Hallett make a plug off the Cyclone bottom to create the deck...trick looking none the less...My idea of a fun playboat would be a Cyclone 21 with either twin turbo motors or twin 2.5SS motors...Wild Ride either way...

Jeff Magana
    Ya id have to say that a 2.5 twin cyclone would be really cool. i hear there is a twin cyclone already out there but never seen it. i was looking on that site i metioned on my earlier post and noticed that that place that built the hallett also built a twin drived single motor cyclone race boat. i hear that it halls some major a**.