Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspected Drug Ring Busted At East LA Dealership

RitcheyRch
    Imagine that, buy a car and buy some drugs all in one visit. Wonder if they allowed financing and what was the interest rate.
    http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_227224631.html
    A suspected cocaine and methamphetamine drug ring was busted at an East Los Angeles car dealership Wednesday.
    Brooklyn Auto Sales, a used-car dealership near 3rd Street and Eastern Avenue in East Los Angeles, was raided by DEA agents shortly after 1 p.m. Wednesday, Special Agent Sarah Pullen said.
    Vehicles on the lot were fitted with secret compartments used to hide drugs such as cocaine and methamphetamine, Pullen said. Three people were arrested and 147 vehicles impounded after search warrants were served at several car dealerships.
    "Drugs were transported in every type of hidden compartment imaginable and brought into our communities under the guise of this auto dealership," said Special Agent Timothy J. Landrum, who heads the DEA's Los Angeles office.
    Santos Robledo, 45, from Los Angeles, and Pedro Partida, 34, and Jose Escobar, Jr., 24, both of Pomona, were arrested in connection with the two-year investigation, officials said.
    Partida and Robledo were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to distribute narcotics after allegedly negotiating a deal involving 40 pounds of methamphetamine, Pullen said.
    Escobar was arrested on suspicion of money laundering, she said.
    Officials alleged the trio used the dealership as a front in order to distribute cocaine and methamphetamine throughout the nation.

WishIknew
    Bro's from P Town gotta love it

HavasuSelect
    That place has always been extremely shady. It was a little shitty car lot that always had brand new high dollar cars.
    Word is the guy had ties to the Mexican mafia. Apparently the owner was in Mexico with mafia leaders and when he got back the feds busted him.

TrojanDan
    That place has always been extremely shady. It was a little shitty car lot that always had brand new high dollar cars.
    I agree. I get my car washed across the street from there every wednesday. I always wondered how that dealership in East Los could flip so many new luxury SUVs.

HavasuSelect
    I agree. I get my car washed across the street from there every wednesday. I always wondered how that dealership in East Los could flip so many new luxury SUVs.
    Cool, I know where that's at. You gotta love ELA!
    That place was always fishy compared to others in the area. They always seemed to move their cars and get new stock pretty regularly. Based on the area and the price of those cars it was pretty obvious something was up....

Classic Daycruiser
    Up coming Auctions from the Fed's should look pretty good this year for luxury cars in the LA area .

HavasuSelect
    Up coming Auctions from the Fed's should look pretty good this year for luxury cars in the LA area .
    Maybe not, I heard a lot of the cars didn't have engines in them. Just a front and extra place to stash their stuff.

HavasuSelect
    Maybe not, I heard a lot of the cars didn't have engines in them. Just a front and extra place to stash their stuff.

totenhosen
    Sounds very similar to some high-end auto tuner shops in the area as well.

RitcheyRch
    Heard they impounded about 100 plus cars and some were 55-57 Chevy's and some 60-63 Impala's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast