Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bose Wave/Yami Cinema DSP/Glass tube or: What's in your Home theater?

socalmoney
    Bose and Hight Quality HT don't go together.
    Bose: Better sound through marketing.
    I am a Yamaha guy. I have had a ton of different receivers and I love them.
    I haven't heard the SVS line of speakers but if they are anything like their subs, I would put money down on them. Their subs are amazing. Especially for the price.

HOOTER SLED-
    I have listened to the Yamaha, and while it came the closes to producing a surround sound environment compared to others who use the same technology, it still fell short compared to a traditional 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 matrixed systems.
    I am not a fan of Bose.
    I like my Yamahas. Nice n loud at my place. :devil: Actually my Klipsch sub makes it hit.

Jyruiz
    I like my Yamahas. Nice n loud at my place. :devil: Actually my Klipsch sub makes it hit.
    I am not knocking Yamaha at all, they make a lot of fine products and are underrated. I was talking about there Air Surround system.

socalmoney
    Finally we set our sites on the Yamaha Cinema DSP.
    Nice, and priced right too.
    If your speaking of the Yamaha YSP1000 or equivalent, I would only suggest this type of set up in a bedroom. I have this in my master and love it. It satisfies my need for some surround and keep the wife happy with having seperates running to all corners of the room. I don't recommend it for a main theater.
    http://www.yamaha.com/yec/soundproje...l?CTID=5001100
    Looks like they have released several new models. This is what I have. I have noticed that the prices are falling on the older models.
    http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/p...9&CTID=5001100

Jyruiz
    Bose and Hight Quality HT don't go together.
    Bose: Better sound through marketing.
    I am a Yamaha guy. I have had a ton of different receivers and I love them.
    I haven't heard the SVS line of speakers but if they are anything like their subs, I would put money down on them. Their subs are amazing. Especially for the price.
    I have not heard there new speaker line either, but I have had there subs for a long time now and gone thru several models, and will be going to there new 13" Ultra as well. There subs are killers for the money.

Sleek-Jet
    Size matters... Altec (http://www.alteclansing.com/legacy/specs.asp)
    I've got a pair of these in the living room... they are the size of a small fridge, but good god they sound nice. I can hear stuff on the movies I had no idea was there (like the tinking of glasses and what not in the back ground). Not true surround, but they pump out so much sound that you don't need the rear channels.
    Go big or go home...

Beer-30
    I have heard some good Yamaha receivers. For the money, I have found Harman Kardon and Denon to be far superior. I have a HK AVR-525 and it has all I could want. Rock solid and 65 pounds!
    I coupled that with Paradigm in-walls. Listening to several brands, I had it narrowed down to Paradigm and Klipsch. Paradigm was a slightly better deal and was in stock. If they were not available, I would highly suggest paying extra for the Klipsch - whether inwall or freestanding.

Beer-30
    Oh, and most all of the HTIBs (Home Theater In a Box) are good for a bedroom, but not large living rooms.

Jyruiz
    I have heard some good Yamaha receivers. For the money, I have found Harman Kardon and Denon to be far superior. I have a HK AVR-525 and it has all I could want. Rock solid and 65 pounds!
    I coupled that with Paradigm in-walls. Listening to several brands, I had it narrowed down to Paradigm and Klipsch. Paradigm was a slightly better deal and was in stock. If they were not available, I would highly suggest paying extra for the Klipsch - whether inwall or freestanding.
    Klipsch's are good speakers, but I recommend anybody getting them to try to listen to them for a while first, 30-40 minutes. The horn tweeters are very bright and can cause ear fatuige after a while. Paradign I like as well, not only because I have some in the bedroom, but you might want to take a listen to the Polk series with the Vifa tweeter, great sounding speakers.

rivercrazy
    I agree on the Harman and Denon receivers.
    I have Harman AVR 7000. Its a powerhouse, reliable, and full of features (for its age anyway)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast