Thread: Havasu Vacation

freakdave
    Coming out to Havasu Oct 17/18/19 for the first time. I plan on checking out the boat builders while i am there. I need recommendations on a cheap azz place to stay near the london bridge so i can watch some boat traffic and bikinis if there are any in october. Also who are the cat dealers out there i should check out. Sometime in the future i would like an open bow cat/deck boat like the domn8er,conquest,magic, etc. I've never been in or ridden in a cat but for some reason i am drawn to them????? So, recommendations on accomodations and list of cat/deck boat builders in the area i should check out. If anyone plans on taking their cat for a spin i would like to take a ride if possible. Thanks, Dave

shippingguy
    Coming out to Havasu Oct 17/18/19 for the first time. I plan on checking out the boat builders while i am there. I need recommendations on a cheap azz place to stay near the london bridge so i can watch some boat traffic and bikinis if there are any in october. Also who are the cat dealers out there i should check out. Sometime in the future i would like an open bow cat/deck boat like the domn8er,conquest,magic, etc. I've never been in or ridden in a cat but for some reason i am drawn to them????? So, recommendations on accomodations and list of cat/deck boat builders in the area i should check out. If anyone plans on taking their cat for a spin i would like to take a ride if possible. Thanks, Dave
    If you want cheap then I would stay at the Island Inn(big pink one) if you want nicer then stay at the London Bridge resort. All three builders you mentioned are in Havasu and offer both deckboats and cats. There is also Advantage if you are interested in them and they offer both configurations as well. The weather is perfect during that time of year. Best boating in Havasu is just going to begin. Late September-November. I would also try to setup a test ride with Ultra in the 27 Shadow and the new 26 Deckboat. I would give you one in the 27 Shadow, but I will be in Maui that week. PM ULTRA28 here on the boards. That is John West owner of Ultra Custom Boats. www.ultraboats.com
    Mike

dicudmore
    If you want cheap then I would stay at the Island Inn(big pink one) if you want nicer then stay at the London Bridge resort. All three builders you mentioned are in Havasu and offer both deckboats and cats. There is also Advantage if you are interested in them and they offer both configurations as well. The weather is perfect during that time of year. Best boating in Havasu is just going to begin. Late September-November. I would also try to setup a test ride with Ultra in the 27 Shadow and the new 26 Deckboat. I would give you one in the 27 Shadow, but I will be in Maui that week. PM ULTRA28 here on the boards. That is John West owner of Ultra Custom Boats. www.ultraboats.com
    Mike
    what he said...lots of builders to check out in Havasu. Cheetah is there as well, and their new 26' deckboat looks really nice at an affordable price.
    If shippingguy leaves the key in his boat I'll take you for a demo ride in it...the Ultra cats are NICE NICE NICE

shippingguy
    what he said...lots of builders to check out in Havasu. Cheetah is there as well, and their new 26' deckboat looks really nice at an affordable price.
    If shippingguy leaves the key in his boat I'll take you for a demo ride in it...the Ultra cats are NICE NICE NICE
    Oops I forgot. Cheetah has the new Wild Cat. Very good looking boat. If the boat was going to be there I would trust you, but it will be in El Cajon while I am gone, but back out in havasu the end of October.

freakdave
    i appreciate the info and will check out those hotels.

freakdave
    I checked out the cheetah wild cat on their website. it is exactly what i am looking for. does anyone know if this is a splash of another tried and true mold or if they have any insight into how this thing rides? Build quality? How much, say with a 496 HO and a trailer? Thanks, Dave

Not So Fast
    Contact NODIGG for info on Wild Cats but beware he is a Cheetah Cheerleader He has one of the new boats. NSF