Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a procharger???

I DIG IT !
    Well I like my new boat that I bought this year. It's a 28 Nordic heat with a 496HO. Trim tabs, XR drive, Single ram hydro steering I think that it's WPM??? Any way I knew that when I bought it would not have all of the proformance needs that I'm looking for. But with the bigger drive and steering and on's I knew that up grade in the near future would be alot less $$$$$. I really wanted to find the same boat with a 525 but was not sucessful. I'm thinking that buy adding a procharger M1sc and intercoller at 5psi about
    625HP , well get me to where I want to be. And for less $$$ than the same boat with a 525??? The turd does low 60's, about 62 or 63 GPS. I also realize that this is a big single engine boat but, I would really like to get in the high 70's Any thought about this. What is the best way with a 496ho?? whipple?? raylar?? procharge??? I think that, and I havent call yet but the procharge is about $5500 with a 3 year warranty. :idea:

I DIG IT !
    Wow no replies, maby to soon on a sunday

Reaper1
    It's only money, let it rip! It will give the boat a whole new attitude and you will enjoy driving it that much more.

79centurion
    Never used a procharger on a boat, but installed alot of them on cars. Great product, and build good hp. Go for it.
    Dan

BADBLOWN572
    Make sure that when they go and put the Pro Charger on your motor that you also do the head gaskets. I know of several 496's that had pro chargers installed and have pushed out head gaskets. Just my .02.

Raylar
    The three year warranty is on their supercharger, NOT on YOUR Motor!
    I think we know a little about 496's both stock and reworked and I would never install a supercharger on a stock 496 engine. Rework your 496 with forged internals and a good supercharger and ECM reprogram and you will have a nice blower motor package. I prefer the Whipple, it makes more torque and looks better to. Whipple also has ECM programs for the reworked 496 with a blower, Pro-Charger does not. If you want to stay normally aspirated with one of our kits on your stock 496 we have a few Nordic 28 heat owners and mechanics we can let you talk to who run there boats with our kits and I believe there all in the mid and high seventies.
    Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar

I DIG IT !
    Thank you for the thoughts. I think I still have to do a little researach. but I cant thank everyone for all the Info

I DIG IT !
    Raylar I would love to talk to you more. I have heard good things about your product. how do i get ahold of you

htm56
    Just took delivery of my intercooled m-3 procharger. but I'm running a little more boost at 12 psi in a 540. My buddy has a 496 with a procharger and he did push a head gasket, rebuilt the motor last year and has been running great since has about 40 hours it without a problem. he's running in the mid 80's with a open bow HTM SR24, swears by the pyrometers. I went with the procharger for the simple fact that I did not want to alter the back hatch and have the super charger sticking through.

I DIG IT !
    well what did he do to rebuilt it ??? just new and improved head gaskets??? I like the procharger because its simple and easy. And it doesnt take up much space like you said. But i still dont know if its the best choice?? I just really like the bolt on hp.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast