Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Educate me about Jeeps!

BajaMike
    When I was in my 20's, living near Vail, Colorado, working in mines and on cattle ranches, I had a 1954 stock Willy's Jeep pickup, I think with a "Hurricaine" six engine.:idea:
    http://www.4x4review.com/feature/50-...ckup-Truck.jpg
    It would'nt go any faster or slower then 55 mph going up or down any highway in the Rockies....but out on the sheep and cattle ranches, it could power up any old trail in low range at about 1.5 mph and 3000 rpms with a 20' trailer full of cattle......nothing ever stopped that old truck....it was built like a tank.
    I wish I still had it!

Thanks for all the replies. Guess I should have stated, I want to cruise around Havi, do some light off roading, (trails), Baja into town vehicle, tow behind the rig occasionaly and sometimes parts runner.
    I have an 04 Sahara I will sell, six cyl. auto trans., stock condition, 3600 miles, 16,500.00.

Todd969
    '87, CHROME, CHROME, CHROME aluminum radiator, blower, 350 crate motor, auto hurst, ARB lockers, NICE custom interior, roof rack, hard top, a/c pump but no a/c, power steering,brakes, nice tires, wheels and lift, VERY nice paint, shaved fenders.........C L E A N! Under 10k?
    Full roll cage, nice stereo, rear bench, off road lights and MORE chrome!
    Pic's man, where are the PICS!!

BoatPI
    I too like others here have a Wrangler 99' Sport hardtop, Dana, etc.
    If you want to stay cool in Havasu the hardtop is the ONLY way to do so. ALWAYS look for the Dana axle package never buy a 4 cylinder. The exhaust manifolds all crack but that is easily changed with an aftermarker stainless manifold for about $120. Mine is flawless for the past four years in Havasu. Mainly on road in town, small boat launching and in the hills during the cooler season.

BadKachina

hazard
    In my opinion, it depends on what you are going to use it for! The YJs (87-95) are cheap and easy to modify if you are looking for a cheap wheeler.
    The CJ7s are my personal favorite and are cheap and have some very strong drivetrain components. (dana 300 transfer case, stronger Dana 44 axles etc). And they mostly don't have all the emission BS and fuel injection to deal with. Very easy to work on!!!
    If you're looking for a jeep that can be a daily driver, then get a 97 and up TJ.
    Or, save yourself the problem and buy my CJ8 for sale!
    http://cleveland.craigslist.org/car/478097646.html
    Good luck.

77Woodbridge
    Hazard, that's a good looking 8. Good luck on the sale.

OCMerrill
    Jeeps suck.............
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1195137941
    Trouble Maker!
    Very cool ride. One of these days I would like to restore one using a SBC for power.
    By the way your new boat looks fantastic.

bullseye
    it is always run to go out and scare the $h*t out of your self ,but I still do all the time
    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...0733Small1.jpg

BrianB
    I'm not too interested in the rock craaaawling thing.Has anyone built a Prerunner style YJ that didn't rattle there fillings loose?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast