Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a speed limit on the parker strip at night?

supersize
    I remember a few years ago people would fly by at night, and I thought they were trying to stop that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I remember a few years ago people would fly by at night, and I thought they were trying to stop that.
    there is a speed limit anywhere at night..

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Is there a speed limit at anytime?

Kyote
    I'm sure that Boatcop will give some direction. It is my understanding that there is no defined speed limit on Federal Waterways. A vessals speed is determined by 'conditions'. If you hot rod at night, especialy on a crowded waterway like the Parker Strip, you can be sited for 'careless & reckless operation of a watercraft'. This is pretty subjective as the officer can impound your boat if you are naughty!
    It's kind of like Spinning into the Reeds!

Boatcop
    I'm sure that Boatcop will give some direction. It is my understanding that there is no defined speed limit on Federal Waterways. A vessals speed is determined by 'conditions'. If you hot rod at night, especialy on a crowded waterway like the Parker Strip, you can be sited for 'careless & reckless operation of a watercraft'. This is pretty subjective as the officer can impound your boat if you are naughty!
    Speed is "Reasonable and prudent for the conditions, taking into account all hazards that may be present."
    Day or night.
    The only way we could impound the boat, is if it was used in the commission of a Felony, involved in a collision, or has altered or fictitious registration, hull or engine/drive numbers. If the operator is arrested and there is no one to release the boat to, we'll have it towed and stored, but the owner can pick it up at any time.

Kyote
    The Parker Strip is a crowded waterway at night? We boat at night quite a bit, if you see more than five boats out at night, that's a lot. Most of my friends flat out refuse to drive at night because they're skeered of crashing into stuff.
    You have to watch for the canoes and kayaks crossing the river to steal stuff from the folks at Emerald Cove.

Kyote
    Speed is "Reasonable and prudent for the conditions, taking into account all hazards that may be present."
    Day or night.
    The only way we could impound the boat, is if it was used in the commission of a Felony, involved in a collision, or has altered or fictitious registration, hull or engine/drive numbers. If the operator is arrested and there is no one to release the boat to, we'll have it towed and stored, but the owner can pick it up at any time.
    I've seen a few being towed Alan. I respectfully change 'impounded to towed'

SCR INC
    You have to watch for the canoes and kayaks crossing the river to steal stuff from the folks at Emerald Cove.
    So the folks from the Keys go over and steal from the camp ground?

RiverDave
    It's not stealing if you don't need the stuff. It's like borrowing forever.
    LMAO..
    I've always gone with the slowest maintainable planing speed theory.. Not much need to go faster then that at night? The only reason I even go that fast is becuase you have to overcome the current.. That and it's pretty shallow north of RoadRunner, south of foxes in one area.
    RD

ColeTR2
    I've always gone with the slowest maintainable planing speed theory.. Not much need to go faster then that at night?
    I know the river like the back of my hand.... and i don't going any faster then 25mph it's unsafe to go any faster. Often at night I hear boats going like 60 out there.... F'n crazy!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast