Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NorCal Jet Boaters

GAWnCA
    The Laid Back Boaters and Banderlog message boards aren't anywhere near as active as it is here on HB. The difference is most of the members of each are locals that can help a person out and there's always info on 1 or the other, usually both, when the outings are happening.
    here's the links again-
    Laid Back Boaters Message Board (http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/cas)
    Banderlog Discussion Forums (http://www.banderlog.com/phpBB2/index.php)
    Well, let's get it active over there. We need more local input.

Cas
    Well, let's get it active over there. We need more local input.
    it goes in spurts like for some reason, the Laid Back board has gone up in membership by almost 50 in the last few weeks. It's not near what the original board had but it's getting close.
    Also, it had 61,000+ hits last month, up from 47K the month before....that's quite a lot for a little semi local deal.
    I got your pm, I'll email you once I get the info.

suckin&pumpin
    I've got to take my boat down and get it wet and I think I'll go to the Sacramento Marina to launch. I haven't had it wet yet and need to see if it's going to be sea worthy. The guy I bought it from said it was but I have found just too many little things that could have turned out to be big problems. For the time being, I think I have all but the wiring ready to really do the job. As long as the wires stay dry, it should be ok.
    head up river in case you have a prob, its easier than paddlin

suckin&pumpin
    laid back sounds like somethin i been lookin for dont know many in nor cal but greg if you want to start somethin new like I told you I am in.

GAWnCA
    laid back sounds like somethin i been lookin for dont know many in nor cal but greg if you want to start somethin new like I told you I am in.
    Check your PM.

Cas
    only way to meet people is to come join in. Years ago when I started the LBBA, I asked quite a few people, including wives, what they would want in a club. Just about all of them wanted something where a family could come in and feel comfortable. That's where the Laid Back name came from.
    Since Jerry brought up the NorCal Hot Boats, many of the people I spoke with didn't feel comfortable in many of those outings just because there were a lot of high dollar boats. The people with the 60, 65, 70 mph jet boats or project boats felt out of place whether it was on a personal level or that's the way it was, I don't know.

GAWnCA
    only way to meet people is to come join in. Years ago when I started the LBBA, I asked quite a few people, including wives, what they would want in a club. Just about all of them wanted something where a family could come in and feel comfortable. That's where the Laid Back name came from.
    Since Jerry brought up the NorCal Hot Boats, many of the people I spoke with didn't feel comfortable in many of those outings just because there were a lot of high dollar boats. The people with the 60, 65, 70 mph jet boats or project boats felt out of place whether it was on a personal level or that's the way it was, I don't know.
    Maybe it's better to not become some formal club type of thing and just plan get-togethers. And make it a "bring what you own" thing. Some families like to get out and have fun with a group and they drive tri-hulls and some have jet boats, and others have i/o's. Just some grown ups out to have a good time and not have to get drunk just 'cause they have a boat on the water. California is really cracking down on drinking and boating, as they should. Just look at the crap that goes on here on the American River.

v-drive
    We just spent the last week at Don Pedro. we saw nothing but wakeboard boats. we have an eliminator jet and my daughter has an old laveycraft
    v-drive. Nice lake juust a little outnumbered...v-drive

GAWnCA
    We just spent the last week at Don Pedro. we saw nothing but wakeboard boats. we have an eliminator jet and my daughter has an old laveycraft
    v-drive. Nice lake juust a little outnumbered...v-drive
    I see a lot of those up for sale around here. Most are sitting in front of new homes. I wonder if the financing they played with to get into these new homes isn't starting to take it's toll on folks. They had the monthly income to buy big Sangers, Ski Natiques(sp), etc because they were home owners with a small monthly house payment. Went out and got nuts buying a $40K boat and financing it for 15 years. This isn't to mention the gas they burn at $3.00 a gallon.
    Some of those jerks are just that. They have to show off no matter who they put in danger. They should all have to revert back to jet-skis with training wheels.

Cas
    you're right v-drive. Back in the late 70's early 80's, Folsom and Don Pedro were my favorite waters to go to just behind the Delta. On the weekends, there weren't but a few other boats out there and we'd get a lot of excellent water for waterskiing. The thing about back then, no jetskis, very few big ass boats and definitely no wake board boats putting out huge waves.
    Here's a picture of Folsom on a Sunday late morning, 1979 or so-
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0fols2-med.jpg
    I took this picture because the water was so smooth but the picture didn't come out looking as smooth as it was.
    Greg,
    I'm thinking you're spot on about all those boats for sale except I think they're up in the $60k range.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast