Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, now need to buy whirlaway, driveshaft, driveshaft cover $$$$ equals

daddy b
    Man I don't have this much in the whole hull, and I already want something else. I'm thinking a setup that I can use down the line.............
    Why not buy a used lenko(I don't know much about them, but I like shifting and neutral)?
    or an owens 2 speed, I feel like I could be in the same price range with some options to build a race/lake boat later.
    This is AGAIN the part where people tell me AGAIN it is probably cheaper to buy a running boat.
    This is also where I say how much fun it was to gather parts and build but this is getting expensive.
    Any opinions on this?
    daddy b

DetroitJim
    Just so you know, if you get a Lenco or Owens 2 speed, you will still need a shifting device to get neutral, a whirlaway to be race legal, and a driveshaft and cover. As far as I am aware, the only trans that has a ratcheting feature is the very old Lenco "Safe Drive".
    What are you trying to set up?

wsuwrhr
    B reak
    O ut
    A nother
    T housand
    Tell me you didn't know it before?
    Brian

meaniam
    heres a number to a great refinacing company 1800 4 ditech youll need it. i had my 3000 dollar dream hit 10k very fast. hope you have most of the boat together...
    you will also need the number to rex marine
    and the guy that builds cassell v drives out here in san bernardino
    place ebay on your favorites. check it everyday.
    plus purchase a tow rope
    good luck post some before pics and when finished post some finished pics

Bobbo541
    I have a lenco safe drive if your interested.

daddy b
    Just so you know, if you get a Lenco or Owens 2 speed, you will still need a shifting device to get neutral, a whirlaway to be race legal, and a driveshaft and cover. As far as I am aware, the only trans that has a ratcheting feature is the very old Lenco "Safe Drive".
    What are you trying to set up?
    Jim its a 68 flat hondo, lake boat, fairly radical solid cam, 438 bbc, tunnel 660 center squirt, 11.5 comp., clean boat, paint is ok, shiney, I'm trying to make it easier for docking, and 5mph zone, has high idle cam, wifey has to drive it too and she is spoiled with reverse and neutral.
    Tell me about the Safe Drive and set up, thanks
    Brian I'm not looking at receipts but easily at 7000.00 with out the whirlly.
    Thats bust out ten thousand. And IIIII knew it. :rollside:

wsuwrhr
    Yes sir.
    In my hondo without even looking at receipts, I have:
    $15,000 in engine PARTS
    $2500 in the hull
    $2500 in V drive gear
    Break Out Another Thousand.
    IN my jet boat I have about $8000. in receipts, and I did ALL the work myself.
    You can't put a price on fun, and you can't take it with you.
    Brian
    Jim its a 68 flat hondo, lake boat, fairly radical solid cam, 438 bbc, tunnel 660 center squirt, 11.5 comp., clean boat, paint is ok, shiney, I'm trying to make it easier for docking, and 5mph zone, has high idle cam, wifey has to drive it too and she is spoiled with reverse and neutral.
    Brian I'm not looking at receipts but easily at 7000.00 with out the whirlly.
    Thats bust out ten thousand. And IIIII knew it. :rollside:

meaniam
    Yes sir.
    In my hondo without even looking at receipts, I have:
    $15,000 in engine PARTS
    $2500 in the hull
    $2500 in V drive gear
    Break Out Another Thousand.
    IN my jet boat I have about $8000. in receipts, and I did ALL the work myself.
    Brian
    mine left fun quickly and i was gasping and feeling like i put to much on my plate. it was like the never ending pain in my ass. also becuase i have never done this before and put myself on a stupid deadline. plus unreal expectations.
    buy a turn key boat already done you will be glad you did.....

ColeTR2
    They are very cool just flip the handle to go, you can slip the cluch by just tapping the handle forward, it's just like sliping a cluch.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...38PIC00044.JPG

wsuwrhr
    Scrap the deadline, you'll be glad you did.
    I spent 4 years building my jetboat, the last year and half of that I spent intense hours on it.
    Brian
    mine left fun quickly and i was gasping and feeling like i put to much on my plate. it was like the never ending pain in my ass. also becuase i have never done this before and put myself on a stupid deadline. plus unreal expectations.
    buy a turn key boat already done you will be glad you did.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast