Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic! I just don't get it?

Dean10
    So I'm driving on the 605 fwy this afternoon and the 105 is merging in just before the 5. What a custerfluk! I'm in the slow lane and traffic is merging in on me. I'm backing off and letting 3 cars in in front of me and this jerk in a little silver honda wants in too. He is next to me but not out in front of me. The front of his car is at about my back door, his lane is running out, he moves up on me some as the other cars in front of me are merging in. I swear I don't know how we didn't hit. He is now in the emergency lane and still trying to get far enough in front to move over. He is still at my door and not yet in front. He doesn't back off, I'm in a company truck, I back off and let him in and he gestured out his window with a pumping fist like he won something! I immediately move to his right as another lane opens because I need to get off the fwy and I tell him if he thinks endangering people on the fwy is a victory he's crazy. He gestures to me something about yah, yah, go have another beer. We get off the fwy together and I am in front of him for about 5 mi. before he goes another direction.
    What did he accomplish?! No wonder the fwys are all flocked up. Headed to Havi tonight, I don't mind traffic but I hate greedy ashwipes who want all of the road to prove a point.

Baja Big Dog
    So I'm driving on the 605 fwy this afternoon and the 105 is merging in just before the 5. What a custerfluk! I'm in the slow lane and traffic is merging in on me. I'm backing off and letting 3 cars in in front of me and this jerk in a little silver honda wants in too. He is next to me but not out in front of me. The front of his car is at about my back door, his lane is running out, he moves up on me some as the other cars in front of me are merging in. I swear I don't know how we didn't hit. He is now in the emergency lane and still trying to get far enough in front to move over. He is still at my door and not yet in front. He doesn't back off, I'm in a company truck, I back off and let him in and he gestured out his window with a pumping fist like he won something! I immediately move to his right as another lane opens because I need to get off the fwy and I tell him if he thinks endangering people on the fwy is a victory he's crazy. He gestures to me something about yah, yah, go have another beer. We get off the fwy together and I am in front of him for about 5 mi. before he goes another direction.
    What did he accomplish?! No wonder the fwys are all flocked up. Headed to Havi tonight, I don't mind traffic but I hate greedy ashwipes who want all of the road to prove a point.
    Man..that sucks. I would call all your friends and relatives and talk them all into moving out of this focked up traffic nightmare..

HighRoller
    Welcome to my world for the past 8 years. If we sat down to have a beer and talk about all the crazy, stupid, moronic and idiotic things I've seen we'd soon be halfway into a case before I even finished tales from the L.A. Area. Then there's Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas. Ughh...Dallas. People there are Fockin crazy. Most of them drive 90's Camaros or hicked out GM trucks with way too many decorations and way too little power. But they still drive 9-0 all the time.
    What makes it really fun is that in a big truck your head is about 9 or 10 feet above the ground. You can see what's happening in front for a long way which makes it easy to cock block the idiots and prevent them from doing stupid shyt when it hits the fan. Human nature is a predictable factor, and I'm not bragging when I say I know what a person is going to before they do 90% of the time. I'm not a mind reader, but when you see a traffic situation developing and see car movement and body language, you know what's coming next. I guess that's part of the reason I've been able to avoid the big restrictor plate wrecks on the interstates.
    Now I'm sneaking up on a million miles and I hope some prick doesn't ruin my clean record before then. After I hit a million and the pressure's off I'm gonna brake check the hell out of the first tailgater in an expensive car and destroy his front end...Then I'll get out of the truck, calmly walk back to his decimated rig and look annoyed...
    "Hey! You scratched my bumper!!!"

RitcheyRch
    I hate traffic as well. I dont think we ever get used to it. Have commuted my entire career.
    At one point commuted to Long Beach from the SFV for 15 focking years. And when that job ran out I started working in Ontario which was about 75 miles each way. The only way was able to deal with that commute was convince my boss to let me work 3AM to 1:30 PM to avoid traffic and keep me from blowing my brains out.
    When that job was done started commuting to El Segundo which was by far the worst commute of all time. Having to deal with idiots on the 405 is the worst ever. There were times it took me 3 hours to go the 50 miles to get home.
    In all this commuting you see a lot of weird and unusual stuff to say the least.
    Rant over, back to your reguular scheduled posting.

talkinghead
    Welcome to my world for the past 8 years. If we sat down to have a beer and talk about all the crazy, stupid, moronic and idiotic things I've seen we'd soon be halfway into a case before I even finished tales from the L.A. Area. Then there's Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas. Ughh...Dallas. People there are Fockin crazy. Most of them drive 90's Camaros or hicked out GM trucks with way too many decorations and way too little power. But they still drive 9-0 all the time.
    What makes it really fun is that in a big truck your head is about 9 or 10 feet above the ground. You can see what's happening in front for a long way which makes it easy to cock block the idiots and prevent them from doing stupid shyt when it hits the fan. Human nature is a predictable factor, and I'm not bragging when I say I know what a person is going to before they do 90% of the time. I'm not a mind reader, but when you see a traffic situation developing and see car movement and body language, you know what's coming next. I guess that's part of the reason I've been able to avoid the big restrictor plate wrecks on the interstates.
    Now I'm sneaking up on a million miles and I hope some prick doesn't ruin my clean record before then. After I hit a million and the pressure's off I'm gonna brake check the hell out of the first tailgater in an expensive car and destroy his front end...Then I'll get out of the truck, calmly walk back to his decimated rig and look annoyed...
    "Hey! You scratched my bumper!!!"
    And in the process of making that judgment you might kill or injure someone, who may or may have not have actually tailgated you. There may be children in the car who have NO control over the driver - use your head, think!
    Typical truck driver mentality IMO, which also reflects the lack of law enforcement on truckers.
    There are many aggressive/dangerous/angry truck drivers on the road, theres basically nothing that can be done about it except that I recognize them as predators and potential killers and stay away from them as much as I can.
    Sounds like your well on your way to becoming one of them if your not already - hopefully not though.

77charger
    And in the process of making that judgment you might kill or injure someone, who may or may have not have actually tailgated you. There may be children in the car who have NO control over the driver - use your head, think!
    Typical truck driver mentality IMO, which also reflects the lack of law enforcement on truckers.
    There are many aggressive/dangerous/angry truck drivers on the road, theres basically nothing that can be done about it except that I recognize them as predators and potential killers and stay away from them as much as I can.
    Sounds like your well on your way to becoming one of them if your not already - hopefully not though.
    I think high roller is referring to stupid drivers in general and yes they are out there i see them everyday.And i dont bleam him for his "trucker rage"Its the drivers of the other car who should think they are the ones with kids doing stupid stuff and endangering themselves.
    I drive a flatbed truck everyday in so cal about 20ft long total i do get the dumb ones who think they can drive all the way to the front then quickly cut in front of you and yes i do look in the mirror so i can block them from going in front of me and proud of it too same goes for the lil rice racer cars who make quick lane changes racing their lil fart buddy.Big rigs i will let them in as well as people towing a trailer cause they try to merge early but people wont let them in.
    As for most big rigs alot of them are safe its the small cars that cut right in front of them or cut them off or hit the brakes thinking they can stop as well as their little car canWll they dont and that is the problem.I drive about 60k a year on work truck and another 40k on my own personal truck so i do see alot of this happen and worst of it is here in so cal get out of town and there is not a problem i never have a trucker on my bumper if i am going slow they go around safely just got back from powell and saw alot of them doing 70 easily without problems and in other states its a legal speed.

'75 Miller
    Law enforcement on truckers? I'm not a trucker, just a driver like most folks on here. I wish there was more truckers, less cars personally. Truck drivers, in my experience, are the most attentive and courteous drivers on the road. The problem is that once the average jerk-off gets in their car they think only of themselves (if at all). They'll think nothing of cutting across 4 lanes of traffic, cell phone plastered to their head, to make the offramp they should've merged over for 1/2 mile back. Safely enclosed in their own steel & glass world doing crap they'd never do in the line at the grocery store or in line at Mcdonalds.

fatboy95
    It's called the PIT maneuver, you've seen cops do it. Little light Hondas and small trucks respond very well to it. They will never screw with you again or anyone else once they get a taste of it.

IMPATIENT 1
    TRAFFIC???? whats that? i luv okla.

Boatcop
    TRAFFIC???? whats that?
    It's the Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast