Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do ya still bust out great meals your mom made?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Not working anymore, and spending lots of time at the river with the new family, and a big kitchen in the RV, I've busted out my moms classic dinner recipes.
    Fillet Mignon roasts (Costco cheap), Baby back ribs, homemade Boston Cream pie, the kids love 'em like we did as kids.
    My mom had a classic desert where she'd paint the inside of a small paper bag with Euro chocolate, then fill it with a homemade custard and fruit,, then when the chocolate dried, peel away the paper bag leaving a chocolate bag standing that looked like it was paper, and you could eat the whole thing.
    Homemade Shortbread,,, all kinds of twists on Fondues, and awesome Italian main dishes with a super family sauce.
    Any classic dinners ya still bust out for the family?

Devil's Advocate
    I make my mom's spaghetti sauce. She's 74 and I think she still is better than me at it.

djunkie
    Not working anymore, and spending lots of time at the river with the new family, and a big kitchen in the RV, I've busted out my moms classic dinner recipes.
    Fillet Mignon roasts, Baby back ribs, homemade Boston Cream pie, the kids love 'em like we did as kids.
    My mom had a classic desert where she'd paint the inside of a small paper bag with Euro chocolate, then fill it with a homemade custard and fruit,, then when the chocolate dried, peel away the paper bag leaving a chocolate bag standing that looked like it was paper, and you could eat the whole thing.
    Homemade Shortbread,,, all kinds of twists on Fondues, and awesome Italian main dishes with a super family sauce.
    Any classic dinners ya still bust out for the family?
    Next time I'm in Parker I'll have to remember to stop by your trailer for dinner.

Tom Brown
    When I wish to re-live the menu of my youth, I pick up a Kingsford snack pack. That doesn't happen to often, though. I moved out of the house over 20 years ago and I'm still recovering.

Baja Big Dog
    And dinner is when????

Trailer Park Casanova
    I make my mom's spaghetti sauce. She's 74 and I think she still is better than me at it.
    Do you think she's holding something back?
    I still think my mom didn't give me the whole recipe.

Devil's Advocate
    Do you think she's holding something back?
    I still think my mom didn't give me the whole recipe.
    Maybe it's just the touch.

boatsnblondes
    My mom makes Greman Potato pancakes you would not believe.....add a little applesauce, bratwurst, sourkraut, and red cabbage?? Food of the Gods, folks, food of the Gods....

a catered life
    i stole all my moms recipes and improved them....she still has me beat on seafood gumbo and all cakes and pies but i'm still learning

ahhell
    Sorry to say my mom cant cook...unless its in a preasure cooker it aint happening...I do all the cooking now, AND I ROCK.....
    Getting ready to do some sea bass and catfish...and maybe a couple more beers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast