Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 STROKES IN CALIFORNIA

ZSARGO
    I'M BUYING A NEW 300X FROM AN ARIZONIA DEALER NEXT MARCH. CALIFORNIA LAW PROHIBITS THE SALE OF THE 30OX, 2.5 ETC ETC IN THE SALE OF CALIFORNIA. I KNOW THAT MANY DEALERS LIKE FORCE, DCB, ELIMINATOR AND I'M SURE THE LIST GOES ON AND ON ARE SELLING BOATS RIGGED WITH 300X'S IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. ARE THEY REGISTERING ALL THESE BOATS OUT OF STATE. SOMEONE JUST INFORMED ME THAT AFTER I INSTALL THE 300X IN MY BOAT, THE DEALER HAS TO TAKE PICTURES OF IT AND SEND THEM TO MERCURY ALONG WITH BOAT INFO I.E. VIN NUMBERS CF NUMBERS. THEN IT'S MERCURYS RESPONSABILITY TO INFORM CALIFORNIA DMV THAT A BOAT WITH CF NUMBERS HAD A 300X INSTALLED ON IT. THEN GUESS WHAT, WHEN YOU GO TO REG YOUR BOAT--NO CAN DO. DOES THIS MEAN I WILL HAVE TO REGISTER MY BOAT IN ARIZONIA NEXT DECEMBER. THEN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ARIZONIA HAS THE SAME RULES. MY BOAT WILL BE WORTHLESS UNLESS I SELL IT OUT OF STATE.

HavasuBarney
    Good question.
    SOMEONE JUST INFORMED ME THAT AFTER I INSTALL THE 300X IN MY BOAT, THE DEALER HAS TO TAKE PICTURES OF IT AND SEND THEM TO MERCURY ALONG WITH BOAT INFO I.E. VIN NUMBERS CF NUMBERS.VIN numbers and picture yes.
    MY BOAT WILL BE WORTHLESS UNLESS I SELL IT OUT OF STATE.Anywhere you go, it's still a DCB w/300X. It will hold it's value while out running every other boat on the market.
    It is the BAD-ASS ride on the lake, anywhere you go!

TOBTEK
    LES................Who told you this? this dosnt sound right at all. How can EVERY boat dealer register the products if this were true. Darla @ DCB said it was MY choice to reg it here in CA or AZ....MY CHOICE.
    Im not doubting what you are saying, and ive been concerned about 2stroke bann's for sometime. But this dosnt sound right......

ZSARGO
    TOBTEK:
    LES................Who told you this? this dosnt sound right at all. How can EVERY boat dealer register the products if this were true. Darla @ DCB said it was MY choice to reg it here in CA or AZ....MY CHOICE.
    Im not doubting what you are saying, and ive been concerned about 2stroke bann's for sometime. But this dosnt sound right......TRY TO BUY A 300X FROM DICK SHEER IN DOWNEY. I CALLED THEM WHEN I FIRST STARTED SHOPPING FOR MY MOTOR. CAN'T DO IT. YOU CAN'T SELL A 300X IN CALIFORNIA AS A DEALER. ARIZONA IS NEXT. I THINK 2006 OR 2007. I WAS JUST AT WEST MARINE IN HAVASU AND THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME. OFF COURSE CURRENT BOATS WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN. DCB MUST HAVE AN ADDRESS ALSO SET UP IN ARIZONA.I'M JUST WORRIED ABOUT PUTTING THE MOTOR ON THE BOAT AND THEN NOT BEING ABLE TO REGISTER IT IN CALIFORNIA. AS FAR AS THE BANS ARE CONCERNED ON LAKES AND RIVERS. I THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF WAVERUNNERS AND JET SKIS. FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY WILL OUTLAW 2 STROKES LESS OR EQUAL TO 16 FEET.

TOBTEK
    ZSARGO:
    TOBTEK:
    Im not doubting what you are saying, and ive been concerned about 2stroke bann's for sometime. But this dosnt sound right......TRY TO BUY A 300X FROM DICK SHEER IN DOWNEY. I CALLED THEM WHEN I FIRST STARTED SHOPPING FOR MY MOTOR. CAN'T DO IT. YOU CAN'T SELL A 300X IN CALIFORNIA AS A DEALER. ARIZONA IS NEXT. I THINK 2006 OR 2007. I WAS JUST AT WEST MARINE IN HAVASU AND THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME. OFF COURSE CURRENT BOATS WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN. DCB MUST HAVE AN ADDRESS ALSO SET UP IN ARIZONA.I'M JUST WORRIED ABOUT PUTTING THE MOTOR ON THE BOAT AND THEN NOT BEING ABLE TO REGISTER IT IN CALIFORNIA. AS FAR AS THE BANS ARE CONCERNED ON LAKES AND RIVERS. I THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF WAVERUNNERS AND JET SKIS. FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY WILL OUTLAW 2 STROKES LESS OR EQUAL TO 16 FEET.I WILL BE MAKING SOME CALL'S MONDAY MORNING!!! I flat out asked Dave if there is any problem buying a outboard in Ca...."no problem" hmmmmmmmm I will not buy this thing if there is a problem using and registering it...

ZSARGO
    TOBTEK:
    ZSARGO:
    TOBTEK:
    Im not doubting what you are saying, and ive been concerned about 2stroke bann's for sometime. But this dosnt sound right......TRY TO BUY A 300X FROM DICK SHEER IN DOWNEY. I CALLED THEM WHEN I FIRST STARTED SHOPPING FOR MY MOTOR. CAN'T DO IT. YOU CAN'T SELL A 300X IN CALIFORNIA AS A DEALER. ARIZONA IS NEXT. I THINK 2006 OR 2007. I WAS JUST AT WEST MARINE IN HAVASU AND THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME. OFF COURSE CURRENT BOATS WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN. DCB MUST HAVE AN ADDRESS ALSO SET UP IN ARIZONA.I'M JUST WORRIED ABOUT PUTTING THE MOTOR ON THE BOAT AND THEN NOT BEING ABLE TO REGISTER IT IN CALIFORNIA. AS FAR AS THE BANS ARE CONCERNED ON LAKES AND RIVERS. I THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF WAVERUNNERS AND JET SKIS. FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY WILL OUTLAW 2 STROKES LESS OR EQUAL TO 16 FEET.I WILL BE MAKING SOME CALL'S MONDAY MORNING!!! I flat out asked Dave if there is any problem buying a outboard in Ca...."no problem" hmmmmmmmm I will not buy this thing if there is a problem using and registering it...I HEAR YA. YOU MIGHT WANT TO REG IT IN AZ ANYWAYS. UNSECURED PROPERTY TAX!!! ANYWAYS DAVE IS SELLING LOST OF BOATS WITH TWIN 300X'S. SO HE IS GETTING AROUND THE CALIFORNIA LAW SOME HOW. I'M NOT WORRIED TWO MUCH ABOUT IT. JUST A MATTER OF STRIPPING THE OLD CF NUMBERS OFF AND PUTTING ON NEW ONES. I USE MY BOAT IN PARKER AND HAVASU USUALLY.BUT IF YOUR GOING TO USE YOUR BOAT IN CALIFORNIA THEN IT MIGHT BE OF CONCERN. JUST GET AN HP 500. LET ME KNOW WHAT DAVE SAYS.

TOBTEK
    Not to sound like a wiener....but, if I dont get a outboard I dont want that boat at all! I think that huge motor cover looks unsightly with a inboard..just me im sure. I have a appointment Tuesday with Dave, We will see....why do you have to remove and replace your CF #'s?

Charley
    TOBTEK:
    Not to sound like a wiener....but, if I dont get a outboard I dont want that boat at all! I think that huge motor cover looks unsightly with a inboard..just me im sure. I have a appointment Tuesday with Dave, We will see....why do you have to remove and replace your CF #'s?Tobtek... I would think you would want to register it in AZ... California has a BS luxury tax that goes with boats....AZ doesn't..... If you want you can use my AZ address and have your paperwork shipped/mailed to you in CA... just an offer

mbrown2
    When I spoke to Dave, I asked him the direct question...how does he sale the 2.5's and 300's? His response was basically that he will only sale them on boats that are going to be registered out of state. I got the same response from Al Stoker. The builders cannot sale the engines to boats registed in CA. However, it is better/cheaper to register in AZ anyway, so it should not be a problem or stop you from purchasing.

HavasuDreamin'
    Giminey christmas.........I don't doubt you guys, but WTF? I find it hard to believe this is true? When did this happen?
    Havasu(glad to be out of CA)Dreamin'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast