Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Slowest car you have ever owned

a catered life
    my rodney king special hatchback hyundai excel

Screemy1
    my rodney king special hatchback hyundai excel
    wow somebody with a 71 bug, me, 74 super beetle, and now this.... I had a 90 excel GS.... thats right the GS.... the sporty version.... my first 3 cars... 74 beetle, 90 excel, then the 2.8 camero.....

OCMerrill
    1971 Dodge Charger. 5K lb car with a 2bbl 318 with a dead cylinder. Zero to sixty in about 3 days. I had one heck of a lopy idle though.

NoCal NoBoat
    When I was young, my family would trade down when buying a new car - whatever I was driving was traded in, and I would inherit whatever my parents had been driving. Yes, this is a disclaimer, because I never would have bought:
    1) 1974/5 Mustang II. Ford's answer to the first gas crisis. Merging on to I-280 @ Serramonte in this was breathtaking. Eventually, I broke the timing belt and bent a rod, leading to:
    2) 1977 Chevy Monza. This thing ran slightly better than the Mustang, but it ate a set of front tires like every 10K miles.
    My 1974 Super Beetle could drive circles around either one of these...

a catered life
    wow somebody with a 71 bug, me, 74 super beetle, and now this.... I had a 90 excel GS.... thats right the GS.... the sporty version.... my first 3 cars... 74 beetle, 90 excel, then the 2.8 camero.....
    lmao mine was the GS also ....cheap ass custom seats and little as rims...thought i was ballin:idea:

framer1
    71 vw van camper....nothing ever slower made

ahhell
    1972 Gran Torino 351 windsor 2bbl......got beat by a pinto seriously

Keith E. Sayre
    Got most of you beat! While a sophomore at BYU in Provo
    Utah, the owner of the local Cadillac dealership (rhymes with Rick!) tells me about these great motors coming out
    from GM called converted diesels! Bought a new 1983
    Fleetwood Brougham De Elegante 4 door with a diesel.
    Wouldn't go over 60 mph while pulling a 250R on a tiny
    trailer. Couple years later put in a 350 gas motor and
    life was good. Tailgaters got a face full of smoke on command!
    Terrible mileage, the smoke problem, no acceleration
    and it stunk but we looked good!
    Keith Sayre

rrrr
    I had a '51 Studebaker pickup that looked a lot like this photo......
    It had a 170 CI flattie six in it. Just to liven up the drive-in conversations, me and a buddy flared the back fenders with 3/4" EMT and some bondo, then bolted on a set of 10" M&H Racemaster slicks.........it was a bitch if you hit a water puddle on the street. :jawdrop:
    As long as it was sittin' still, no one knew if I was lying about it having a BBC under the hood.....
    I stripped the paint off with big plans for a custom job.....but decided the hell with it. About six months later a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for a broken tail light. He was filling out the citation, kinda stepped back and said "What color is this truck?"
    Thought for a second and said "Uh, rust".
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1187566683

MACHINEHEAD
    1978 Pontiac Sunbird wagon. 151 iron duke, ported side flow head, Crane cam, 2bbl holley 350, 2.5 exhaust to a super turbo. 13x7 slot mags, cut V8 springs, big sway bars, poly bushings. Bested a 20.88 ET/78MPH at Palmdale, CA. What a waste. Very consistent though. Ahh the Sunturd.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast