Thread: high flow dynamics does it again

bradbigsley
    just want to put a shout out to lakes only (paul kane) and van for delivering this beauty on time and on budget (very reasonable).. paul spent many hrs with me and even stopped by so he could better understand the build i wanted.. hes a great guy and very professional..just wanted to say thanks again and im looking forward to many hrs on the river with my fresh mill.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...MG_1980.JPGand after installhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_2008.JPGand heres a side view.. im stokedhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_2006.JPG

dmontzsta
    High Flow Dynamics has been representing well lately. All of the critics can now look around at all that BBF High Flow Dynamics motors running the waterways.
    Looks bitchen!

Dogballs
    Brad,
    Nice job bud, looks like your back on the water. We'll have to have a cold one, hopefully at the river!
    Balls

Ralph Brunt
    can we get some specs, and yes paul does some nice work

LakesOnly
    just want to put a shout out to lakes only (paul kane) and van for delivering this beauty on time and on budget (very reasonable).. paul spent many hrs with me and even stopped by so he could better understand the build i wanted.. he's a great guy and very professional..just wanted to say thanks again and im looking forward to many hrs on the river with my fresh mill...after install and heres a side view.. im stoked Thank you Brad, but you're not just stoked...your stroked!
    Brad contacted us and asked if we could build an engine for him. He wanted more power than the last motor in
    his boat, which was a 460. The new engine had to be pump gas friendly and reliable as hell. After some
    discussion, we basically settled on a turn-the-key-and-go-end-of-story stroker engine. It is basically what he
    had as a 460, but proportionally larger in displacement with specialy selected internal componentry to accomadate
    the engine's displacement increase, but with a stronger "foundation" for increased longevity and reliability.
    Basicallly speaking, this engine consists of a Stage 1 prepped cylinder block bored .030" overbore and fitted with
    a 501 stroker kit with H-beam rods and special JE pistons that accomodate the SCJ cylinder head's unique valve train
    configuration. This shortblock has a more than pump gas friendly 9.8:1 compression ratio. It was then
    finished off with a double roller chain, a Stage 1 prepped oil pump, a Lunati hydraulic lifter camshaft (a pretty big
    hydraulic cam) and his full-length jet boat pan. The SCJ heads were mildy ported (intake bowl blend and exhaust
    port work), the pre-existing roller rocker valve train was retained.
    I assisted Brad with the initial startup and was pleased with the oil pressure during camshaft break-in, which showed
    a consistent 65 psi regardless of where the engine ran over the break-in rpm range (1500-3000 rpm, 65 psi). There
    was only the slightest variation in pressure as the oil temp came up, and may have had some typical variation during
    it's maiden voyage on the lake but again the consistent pressure really shows off the Stage 1 prepped oil pump and
    Stage 1 prepped oiling mods in the cylinder block. I don't have the paperwork in front of me but as I recall,
    this was with .0035" mains and .0025" rod clearance.
    Brad, to answer your telephone question, yes, I think you can put more timing into the engine and find
    more usable power. Call again and we'll discuss.
    LO

bradbigsley
    High Flow Dynamics has been representing well lately. All of the critics can now look around at all that BBF High Flow Dynamics motors running the waterways.
    Looks bitchen!
    thanks for the compliment dmontzsta. its been 10 seasons to get the boat looking this nice. the old 460 lasted me 9 of them. blue oval for life...

bradbigsley
    Looks bitchen!
    thanks for the compliment dmontzsta. its been 10 seasons to get the boat looking this nice. the old 460 lasted me 9 of them. blue oval for life...

bradbigsley
    Brad,
    Nice job bud, looks like your back on the water. We'll have to have a cold one, hopefully at the river!
    Balls
    thanx balls, hope all goes well for you this weekend. im going outta town this weekend so i cant make it out to needles but lgc and i are planning something for mid sept. and ill be at moabi the first week of oct. sun-sat. plenty of time to put down some coldies

Danhercules
    We gotta make a trip together so two HFD blue ovals can rumble down the river.
    I am gettin mine wet tomorrow at Smellsomemore.

bradbigsley
    sounds good to me herc.. good luck 2morow and dont forget to put the plug in