Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Earnhardt has to give up number 8

HighRoller
    Don't look now, but it seems Martin Truex Jr. is is a dog fight for a title right now. 6th at the Glen isn't to bad. I am putting my money on Truex Jr to win the championship. Late season charge and a consistent ability to run up fron at any track.......he's got my vote as a top driver in his second year nextel cup.
    Please...Your theory holds up IF Cashcar was a RACING organization. It's not. It's WWE on wheels. Truex will get a sniff at the cell phone cup but nothing more. Cashcar is about building stars and making sure they win the cup. Check that stats. Only three teams have won the cup in the last ten years. Gibbs, Roush and Hendrick. The only guy outside those teams that has a chance is Harvick and he is fading.
    The guy who wins the cup is whoever Caschcar wants to win it. Selective rules enforcement plays a big part. Example? During the RED FLAG at Watkins Glen what was Harvick's crew doing? Rebuilding their car while the Cashcar officials watched. Until Felix Sabates pointed out that there is NO work allowed during a red flag. DOH!!! Hey, you have to stop now... after you finish putting in that new radiator!!!
    Cashcar is a joke. The sponsors run it from top to bottom. And the officials tell the teams when and where to take a dump.

Fast Freddy
    neckcar is rigged

WishIknew
    Yep...Teresa said she owns the number and Jr. cant use it...its only just begun!!!
    Save all that #8 memorabilia..it ought to be worth tons of money some day??
    That lady is a BITCH MONEY SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZJD
    Please...Your theory holds up IF Cashcar was a RACING organization. It's not. It's WWE on wheels. Truex will get a sniff at the cell phone cup but nothing more. Cashcar is about building stars and making sure they win the cup. Check that stats. Only three teams have won the cup in the last ten years. Gibbs, Roush and Hendrick. The only guy outside those teams that has a chance is Harvick and he is fading.
    The guy who wins the cup is whoever Caschcar wants to win it. Selective rules enforcement plays a big part. Example? During the RED FLAG at Watkins Glen what was Harvick's crew doing? Rebuilding their car while the Cashcar officials watched. Until Felix Sabates pointed out that there is NO work allowed during a red flag. DOH!!! Hey, you have to stop now... after you finish putting in that new radiator!!!
    Cashcar is a joke. The sponsors run it from top to bottom. And the officials tell the teams when and where to take a dump.
    My theory holds up because this is Hot Boat!

FlatStupid
    Things were moving along in negotiations until they couldn't get around 'The Widow Earnhart' (I LOVE that) demanding a percentage of souvenir sales tied to the #8. Shame to a degree...it was Grandpa Ralph Earnhardt's # back in the day. You'd think there'd be some degree of sentimentality/sympathy toward such a thing, (and there is to a degree) but the money's the thing, and it's way too great a thing in this sport. And the name of the race team is Dale Earnhardt Inc.! DUH!!!!!

kraig
    You guys dont remember? The Bud car was the 25 and it use to be a Hendrick car. They still have the 25 number. :idea:

Tom Brown
    I'll bet Jr. could drive better if he had a few drinks to loosen himself up prior to each race. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Kilrtoy
    He needs to give up racing, he sucks, he already has the best money can buy and still cant win...

dossangers
    Jr's going to use 81 thats what i heard.

kraig
    I think you are right on that Shock. But I think what really is happening is that DEI owns the style -font- of the number 8....
    hell what do I know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast