Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Resturant Reviews

PaPaG
    Try the homestead saloon, aka Rod's. Not much on atmosphere, but the food is off the hook! Horseshoe blows A$$!!!
    have heard Rods is great but could not find it the last time we looked, where is this place?
    Horseshoe sucks from the last few times we have eaten there...
    Javalina cantina is great to...Steak or chicken fajitas...just way to hot in there on a humid day

OGShocker
    have heard Rods is great but could not find it the last time we looked, where is this place?
    Horseshoe sucks from the last few times we have eaten there...
    Javalina cantina is great to...Steak or chicken fajitas...just way to hot in there on a humid day
    Rod has been VERY sick. The cook is this blonde chickie who cooks a good meal, but it will never beat Rod's cooking. Rod's Homested is closed for "cleaning" during the month of August. They will reopen after Labor Day. You can't go wrong with Rod's. IMHO....

Stoneman
    HavasuBarney took us to a Mexican fast food joint. It was a place with wood benches, 8 tables, and an order counter. The decore was pretty modest.
    It was about the last place I would have chosen to go but I was polite and pretended to be open minded. The food blew me away. Before that, I thought I didn't like Mexican food. I had no idea. That was fantastic. I wish we could get Mexican food like that up here.
    I wish I could remember the name of the place because I would make a point of going the next time I'm down there.
    I really need a fix of good Mexican food soon. That stuff is addicting.
    That was most likely El Mariachis, located across from chilies. Excellent food and very cheap.
    Angelina's is very good too.

Mrs.HLB
    Krystal's was really good!! We went about 3 weeks ago.. had the fish and hubby had the filet. He thought it was excellent! Good service also!
    Mrs.HLB

Mrs.Racer277
    We went to a new place called Hava Sushi, in the Bikini Bar, which is in the big pink hotel out on the island this weekend. If you like sushi, this place has some great stuff, from Japan. Very fresh, which would seem odd in Havasu, but it was good.
    We tried Javalina in Sedona last year and liked it, so we went to the Havasu version this year over Memorial Day. They started us off with this "specialty drink" of goopy syrup and who knows what alcohol, which pretty much ruined the rest of the meal. We haven't been back. We go to Taco Hacienda for good old generic Mexican food. Mudsharks has great ribeyes, but the menu is getting tired. Barley Bros is pretty good, but the wait is a pain. Eddie's, in the back alley north of downtown, has good sandwiches.
    Very yummy Sushi...It is a friday night favorite, they are open late so it is perfect since we get into town after 10:00 pm every friday.
    Javalina is another favorite.

little rowe boat
    Try the homestead saloon, aka Rod's. Not much on atmosphere, but the food is off the hook! Horseshoe blows A$$!!!
    I don't agree.
    We ate at Rods a month or so ago and the steak was good but the rest of the meal was just so, so. We really enjoy the golden horseshoe the steaks are always good and the rest of the meal is always great.
    Now if anyone is looking for some good ribs, try scotty's broasted chicken mm good.

OGShocker
    I don't agree.
    We ate at Rods a month or so ago and the steak was good but the rest of the meal was just so, so. We really enjoy the golden horseshoe the steaks are always good and the rest of the meal is always great.
    Now if anyone is looking for some good ribs, try scotty's broasted chicken mm good.
    WTF do you know? You do own a F.O.R.D.
    Please say hello the family!

Mrs.Racer277
    I don't agree.
    OG's is the place to go for RIBS

Trailer Park Casanova
    Wife & I went to Chabones and were not impressed with the quality of the food. The overall atmosphere is very nice. The bar had a very nice mix. Sorry to say the beef was at best was about a 5 on the 10 point scale. We had the prime rib & a Filet.
    I still like Shugrues the best so far.
    The new Fire House Bar next door (Old Shooters) seems to be doing fine and was fun while we were there.
    The owner of Chabones has been known in the past to switch to lower quality, cheaper cuts of meat, and when the customers bring it up, he blames the suppliers for switching on him.
    Happens at his Paradise Restaurant location in Parker too.
    Truth in menu isn't enforced in Az like it is in So Cali.

little rowe boat
    WTF do you know? You do own a F.O.R.D.
    Please say hello the family!
    I know everything and have great taste, oh maybe not I know you
    I will say hello to the family, Please you do the same.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast