WOW!!! is this boat hot or what? check out the january 2006 issue of powerboat magazine for teagues test on this 29 ft tri-hull super snake. they tested the open bow version with a 525 efi and it hit a top speed of 86 mph!! with ilmors 625 horse V-10 it does 91 mph! no chine walking or porpoising and it only weighs a mere 4,400 lbs. teague said "it was fun" to drive this boat out in the ocean with 3-4 foot seas. gotta luv the combination of speed and handling that this tri-hull brings to the water. teague says it flies down the straights like a tunnel and takes the turns like a V-bottom. it has a 105" inch beam with a open bow and a mid cabin so there is lots of room. it also comes with a extreme triple axle trailer. what more could one want? i will be selling my kachina in the next couple of years and plan on buying one of these boats with a ilmore 625 hp V-10. i would use this boat at lake powell, lake mead and lake havasu. with the 90 gallons of fuel that it holds you could run all day. the insurance should be cheaper than a cat.
i own a dodge viper and luv V-10 engines. even my superduty has a V-10 engine although at only 6.8 litres it displaces less cubic inches than the vipers 8.1 litres. viper engines can be bored and stroked to 10 litres now! thats 600+ cubic inches!! with a N/A 600+ ci stroker running 91 octane you are looking at 750 hp. this should be good for at least 100+ mph. stock displacement viper engines can be modded to make 1000+ hp utilizing turbo's or a supercharger and 10 lbs of boost on 100 octane race gas. i bet this boat would hit 120 mph with that kind of power.
the pix you see below are of cobras 290 Viper SXT. i found them in "throttles" gallery here on this site. if somebody can upload thes pix into this post here i would appreciate it.