I have a few questions...
1. when I turn the air on in the house and leave for a while... and I come back home, I notice a distinct smell in the house... smells like chemicals... maybe like a nail salon place??:idea: I know for a fact it's coming from the AC, because it only smells when its on? any idea what it is? is it majorly unsafe? because we've been sleeping with the air running .
when I bought the house last year, they claimed it had been replaced in the last 5 years? I'm not sure about the specs of the units, but it has one of those furnace deals in the garage that work with the AC.??
2. I'm considering having the "air duct cleaning" service done... it says they open, agitate & vacuum the ENTIRE ductwork under negative pressure. are these really effective? or is it just something for them to make some money? they have some speacial right now (with a free deodorizer) for $79? the house was built in 89 and I doubt it's ever been cleaned.
I'd like to get the smell from the AC figured out ASAP, because I believe it's under home warranty, which is up in the beginig of september.
thanks..